Chapter 22- No One Says Catsup

“You’re creepy,” I teasingly tell Mason three hours later as I get to Elkhart and stand on the porch, about to knock on the door. It swings open before I can though and it reveals my boyfriend standing there with a happy smile on his face. Well, I guess all smiles are happy smiles, but you understand, I’m sure.

Mason looks perfectly perfect as always. He’s wearing a pair of black dress pants and a pale blue button down shirt with really fancy and expensive looking cufflinks that are even monogrammed with ‘MC’ on them in a pretty black calligraphy. Mason’s also wearing a pair of shiny black dress shoes and a tie of dark blue hue and his usually messy and unruly hair is slightly slicked back. He looks like he’s going to another red carpet premiere, actually.

“I’m not creepy,” Mason scoffs, extending his arm and gesturing for me to come in. “I’m just happy to see my girlfriend—  besides, I heard the car and I knew that you were the only one that was supposed to be coming over,” He reasons.

“Sure, whatever you say,” I giggle as he closes the door and then locks it before looking back at me.

“Are you ready?” He wonders, raising his eyebrows with that same ghost of a smile.

“Not at all,” I deny, shaking my head. I’m just so petrified that they won’t like me.

“It won’t be bad, I promise,” Mason assures me, lacing his fingers through mine and walking me through the room.

“Wait, before we go in there…” I say my voice a quiet whisper as we reach the dining hall, where I hear two adults—  presumably Mason’s mom and dad—  talking about some new movie or something like that.

“What’s wrong?” Mason questions, glancing down at me and not so subtly checking me out.

“Nothing’s wrong,” I tell him, turning so that I’m facing him and then I reach up a little—  thank you high heels—  and press my glossed lips to Mason’s. He smiles against my lips and then he places his hand that’s not holding mine on the small of my back, pulling me closer to him. The kiss doesn’t last very long, no more than fifteen seconds and I think that that’s just because neither one of really want to make-out with each other while his parents are like, eight feet away. “Okay,” I sigh against his lips, pulling away and nodding towards the dining room. “I’m ready now,” I whisper quietly, letting him lead me into the living room while he wipes my lips gloss off of his mouth with the back of his hand that’s not holding mine.

“Hey guys, this is my girlfriend, Aria Austin,” Mason says, clearing his throat and capturing his parents attention, both of them standing up from the large table. “And Aria, these are my parents, Dianna and Nicholas Carter,” He introduces us. 

“It’s so nice to finally meet you, Aria!” Mason’s mother exclaims, coming around the table and wrapping her arms around me in a gentle hug. I wriggle my hand out of Mason’s then in order to return his mother’s placid hug before pulling away after about five seconds.

“It’s really nice to meet you too, Mrs. Carter,” I reply with a bright smile before offering Mason’s dad a smile and he also pulls me into a hug, which I wasn’t expecting at all. For him to hug me, I mean. He doesn’t look like a hugger. He looks more like a hand-shaker than a hugger, but I guess not.

“Mason has told us so much about you, Aria,” Mason’s dad tells me. “It’s kind of like I’m meeting a celebrity or something,” He adds with a chortle, which also makes me, Mason’s mom and Mason himself laugh. It’s just funny because I mean, Mr. Carter has two kids and they’re both super insanely famous people.