Chapter 25, Pt. 2- Ducks Are Kinda Cute, Aren't They?

“You can tell me, you know,” I inform Mason a while later as I scoot closer to him in the back of the limo and put my head down on his shoulder, letting out a small yawn. I’m actually kind of tired because of all that we’ve done today. From Disneyland to Venice Beach to The Hollywood Walk of Fame to Madame Tussads Hollywood to Hollywood Boulevard and not to mention Alec Brooks’ party, it’s no wonder I’m basically exhausted.

“I know that I can tell you,” Mason replies, grabbing my hand in his and lacing our fingers together, which I’ve noticed that he does quite a bit but I don’t really mind it at all. Also because my last boyfriend, Luke Cheshire, was- as I’ve mentioned- pretty awful and pretty emotionally abusive towards me. Honestly, it was purely emotional abusive, never physical. I mean, I’m not saying it’s better to emotionally abuse someone than to physically abuse because obviously it isn’t. But he, Luke, was just really mean to me most of the time and he’d say pretty terrible things to me and he would never, not in a million years, be caught dead holding my hand. On occasion though, he was a sweet guy and he was kind of an amazing kisser, so I guess that’s why I stayed with him.

My point is, I don’t mind Mason constantly wanting to hold my hand because I’m not really used to physical closeness in a relationship. Even my boyfriend before Luke, Billy, was a little weird but he was nice for the most part. And before Billy I dated my very first boyfriend, Matty, who was kind of super wonderful but not as wonderful as Mason, of course because I don’t even think someone can be as good a boyfriend as Mason is to me.

“Then why don’t you, stupid?” I teasingly reply, glancing out of the window, trying to get a glimpse or peak or something as to where we’re going. It’s kind of impossible though because it’s really dark outside right now and I think we’re outside of Calabasas now and I don’t recognize any of the little bit that I actually can see. We’ve been riding for about an hour and fifteen minutes and the only saw that I’ve seen that I could clearly read was on saying that we were entering Pasadena, California, but that was quite some time ago and I’m sure we’ve exited it by now.

“Because, it’s not really a big deal at all and also because it’s kind of stupid and if I tell you, it’s going to ruin the Christmas mood. Besides, Brianne’s just super complex and she blew the entire thing out of proportion—  she literally could have called my publicist with that,” Mason assures me, rubbing his thumb lightly over the back of my hand, which kind of tickles but I don’t laugh because then he’d make fun of me for being ‘weird’ or something. I mean, I know he’d be kidding, but still.

“Okay then,” I draw out with a small sigh, realizing that he’s not going to tell me about the thing with Brianne. Obviously I wish he would because it obviously got him worried or something because he went pretty pale—  which is saying something when you take in to account how tan this guy is. “Well, can you tell me where we’re going?” I query, changing the subject because if he doesn’t want to tell me, then I won’t force it out of him.

“No, I can’t do that either, sweet cheeks, sorry,” Mason replies with a smirk.

“That wasn’t a very sincere apology at all,” I huff, playfully rolling my eyes at him.

“That’s because I lied to you just now and I’m really not sorry—  you’ll see soon enough though,” He promises.

“You are very nerdy—  you should do more of those sci-fi movies,” I teasingly tell me adorable boyfriend before kissing his slightly stubbly cheek lightly and then going back to resting my head on his shoulder.

“You’re so funny,” He deadpans, obviously not really offended as he wraps his arm around my waist lightly and kisses the top of my head. “Anyway, we’ll be there soon.”