The First Memories

Authors Note:

Remember Draco is watching his memories with Hermione. He appears in them as himself and he is also able to watch his younger self.
Bonnie x

"I'm Hermione Granger." She held out her small hand, waiting for the blonde to shake it.
"And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He gazed downwards to the tiny bushy-headed brunette. She was rather strange.
"I'm a muggle and you are Lucius and Nacrissa Malfoy's son, which makes you a pure-blood." Hermione nodded and smiled unsurely of what he would reply.
"Oh, you're a mudblood." He spat, his father, Lucius Malfoy, had raised him to hate any half-blood or muggle. Only pure-bloods like the Malfoy's were superior and that was how it must always stay at the Malfoy Manor. Too bad it didn't.

A shot of guilt shot through his body as Draco watched the very first memory. He watched how it tore Granger apart, she had tears in her brown eyes and her brow furrowed. She turned on her heel quickly and walked away but young Draco couldn't care less. The memory then faded and swished royal blue and black and images formed of the day she punched him.

"You foul, loathsome, evil, little cockroach!" she came charging towards young Draco, her eyes dark and filled with anger. Draco was laughing hysterically until Granger held her wand to his pale throat.
"Hermione, no!" Harry shouted at her, she pulled away reluctantly and began walking back towards Weaslebee and Potter. Draco snickered and Granger turned right back around and punched him in the face. Young Draco fell to the ground and Draco stood there watching his memories, disappointed in himself. He always admired Granger for how strong-willed she was. Tears filled his grey eyes and blue swam around in them, he was always told his eyes looked like a hurricane or a calm storm forming in them. Draco smiled at the memory and it faded slowly into grey.

The memory had bounced to their Care of Magical Creatures class with Hagrid. Draco observed himself as he held his book and tried to open it. It was a rather strange book, it was a leather back with jagged edges and small beady eyes. Draco turned and watched his fellow classmate, Nevil nearly get eaten by the book. I wonder what he's doing with his life now.
"Stroke its spine, yeah." The tall man stared at Draco, Hagrid nodded towards Draco and he did so. Draco gingerly rubbed his spider fingers on the spine of the growling book. It grumbled and unlocked, he remembered when he first received it from Hogwarts. It chased him around Malfoy Manor and his mother, Nacrissa Malfoy was in hysterics, as she remembered her years in Hogwarts.

Draco stood next to Hermione, back then, he hated her, and he learnt to do so from his father. So, he couldn't fathom why he did stand next to her. Hagrid brought out Buckbeak, the hippogriff. It was a form of eagle and a horse, grey feathers like the sky and grey beady eyes which stared intently at the students. Hagrid threw a dead squirrel at it and it snapped and ate the squirrel.

"So, who's first? Harry, common then!" Hagrid rushed Harry to Buckbeak and showed him how to greet the hippogriff. Hermione was on edge and grabbed for Draco's pale hand. He was astonished and they both turned and meet each other's gaze. Draco remembered how ice-cold she was, he on the other hand, was always warm.

Potter successfully flew the hippogriff, obviously. Draco stood against the tree watching how young and foolish he was. He always enjoyed watching memories, it was an awesome experience, the way you could relive those moments and watch them.

Young Draco charged up to the bird and Hagrid warned him to be careful and to greet the bird precariously, but of course, Young Draco didn't listen. Buckbeak reared up into the air and his hoof knocked Draco's elbow.

"It's killed me! It's killed me!" he cried limply. As Draco was leaning against the tree, he smiled at Hermione as she ran towards Draco and Hagrid.
"He has to be taken to hospital!"
My, was she beautiful.

The memory faded and appeared in the Great Hall where he sat bragging to Pansy and some of the other Slytherin girls about his elbow, which was carefully positioned in a sling.

"I nearly lost the whole thing!" he bragged and the girls showed their sympathy towards him. Draco walked to young Hermione and sat down on the old bench next to her. She rolled her eyes at young Draco and carried on studying her charms. He watched how she became so engrossed by the book and whispered the charms to herself. Her dark brown eyes darted back and forth from the book to Draco and back to the textbook. Hermione brushed her tiny hands through her thick bushy hair and focused once more.

The memory faded and Draco was dragged into the liquid once more and appeared to when he received his badge for becoming a prefect. This badge was to help that lady bust Potter's ass. Even though the true meaning of receiving it, was to help implement discipline and solve problems in Hogwarts – he always mistreated his badge and Draco only wanted to see Harry in trouble. He stood there with a glorious smile as he received it with his fellow male Slytherin friends. In the corner were Granger and her girlfriends, giggling away.