Epilogue

Draco Malfoy sat in the sand. His feet being engulfed by the minute particles, the water arising to his ankles. This was his last day as a free man. He gazed upon the calming ocean. The sun's rays pierced his skin, and gently began to disappear in the horizon. He noticed the birds fly across to vast waters. If only he could be like that. Next to Draco on his right, lay the newspaper with his face and Hermione's as the front page. Around his neck, was Hermione's locket, which he refused to remove. Crinkled in his pale hand was the letter she had written to him. He read it once more,

My Dearest Malfoy
It has come to a point where I can no longer bare this heartbreak. I can't carry on watching you try to follow orders and fight your true feelings. You will never remember who I am, you will never remember the first time you mocked me or the first time we kissed. I will not exist in your life as a relationship. As I write this, my eyes are filled with tears, it's more like the ocean in them right now. I will always cherish you and our memories. It saddens me to say that you won't be able to. I wanted to spend my entire life with you and look passed all of our problems and troubles but I cannot.
I believe death is only a closes and another opens. If I were to imagine heaven, I would imagine a door opening. And I will be waiting for you on the other side.
I love you Draco Lucius Malfoy

Slowly, he rose to his feet. He began to walk into the ocean, one step after another until the water engulfed his neck. The amount of tears he had lost, would form the ocean and that was where he belonged. With one last breath, one last look at the land and one last look at the sunset, his head was underwater.
I hope to see you on the other side, I love you Hermione Jean Granger.