Arising Tension

The royal blue returned and whisked Draco into darkness, images appeared of him at dinner. Hermione had entered in a crimson-red dress, he stared gob-smacked at how gorgeous she was. Their eyes met and she was entranced by his grey, metallic eyes. She began towards him and put her hand on his shoulder.

"Hello, Draco. Long time, no see." she said calmly but as he looked into her chocolate eyes, he could tell she was upset with him.
"Family issues." he clenched his jaw. Liar.
"Ah, hope everything is well. Excuse me, I am going to speak to Harry and Ron." Hermione gracefully walked away, when she turned back around she could see the hurt in Draco's stormy eyes. However, he hurt her just as much. This was their relationship, constant fighting. But, he blamed the war. Things would be easier if it never happened and none of this would of occurred.

The memory vanished and he popped up to where he sat in the Great Hall, along the vast benches of the Slytherin House. Smells of bacon and eggs roamed the hall, and giggles swarmed over. Hermione had barely spoke to him since she saw him at the dinner. He was always in the Room of Requirement, making sure the Vanishing Cabinet was untouched and in working-condition. Draco sat, daydreaming about the Yule Ball, where he and Hermione had danced hours away. Draco watched the memory and watched as Hermione observed him. Draco looked tired, he had grey bags under his eyes, his usual sleek-gelled hair was messy and ruffled, his clean-pressed robes were creased and his brow furrowed.
As he watched himself move towards Potion class, Hermione grabbed his ice-cold hand, which was usually warm as a fire.

"What, Hermione?" he hissed at her. Didn't have to be rude.
"Malfoy, are you okay? You seem - on edge? Talk to me." her chocolate eyes searched his as she held his hand, searching for a sign, a clue of some sort but all she saw were grey eyes that held no emotion. They were cold and presented a sense of loneliness and hollowness.
"I'm fine." he stood by his desk and Professor Slug began his lesson. He began to explain the potions he had prepared for that class. Draco stood and watched himself as he acted as if Hermione did not even exist. He watched her intently, as her chocolate eyes turned dark and pierced Draco's. He still did not even look at her. As the bell rang, Hermione grabbed Draco and ushered him towards the stairs where they hid under.

"Granger, I don't have time -" he began and was quickly interrupted by Hermione's penetrating tone.
"What is wrong with you? I am alive and well. The least you could do is honor my presence! Talk to me, don't shut me out Draco... I care about you." she placed her hands on his chest and her tiny hands slowly trailed up to his neck. Draco put his arms around her tiny waist and pulled her closer. She could feel his heart-beat which sounded rather faster than usual.
"I'm just, just, just... Under a lot of stress." he looked into her eyes, Draco's hands rubbed her lower back, trying to comfort her, to let her know he was okay. But I wasn't. I should've told her.
"Please do not shut me out like that again. I'll see you at lunch?" Her eyes lit up with more joy and she beamed a bright smile.
"But of course, 'Mione." he leaned in and kissed her passionately on the lips. If only it was that simple.

The memory skipped class and bounced into lunch where Hermione and Draco joked across the house tables.
"Please, you wouldn't be able to fly a broomstick even with an Imperius Curse!" he joked. Not actually funny now, using an unforgivable curse.
"You know I hate flying Draco! Just like you wouldn't be able to cast an enchantment." She teased, this was quite true, Draco wasn't too strong with enchantments as Hermione was. But then again, he could fly on a broomstick. She couldn't. She giggled and bumped their shoulders together, planting a kiss on his cheek.

The memory bounced to the two fighting once more. Draco had disappeared for two weeks, claiming he had more family issues.

"How many issues could one family have?" she shrieked, "Are you seeing Pansy?"
"Hermione, you wouldn't understand! Look, we can't keep doing this if you are going to carry on accusing me of petty shit! Merlin, I barely speak to Pansy! Hermione, I love you." the words spluttered out of his mouth, Hermione stopped crying and her eyes met Draco's. Draco watched himself as he felt love for the first time in his life.

"I love you, Hermione Jean Granger. You mean everything to me and if I had to see you hurt, I don't know how I could live. I adore you, I adore how when you get angry your brow furrows and tiny strands of your brunette locks frizz. I adore how when you are sad, your eyes turn a lighter, innocent color. I adore you and I only want you." Draco brushed his hand through his white blonde hair, he had just spilled all of his feelings to Granger. About time!

Hermione ran towards him and practically threw herself into his embrace. He clasped her tightly and their lips met.

As Draco watched the memories, he felt the tears trickle down his porcelain cheeks. He was weeping for the love of his life...