Grasping Destruction

The scene progressed to Draco sitting at the table in the Great Hall, Hermione gave him a warm smile but he couldn't return one back, the guilt he felt overcame his body and he couldn't even break the slightest of smile.

"Can I see you for a minute?"she questioned and he reluctantly nodded. Hermione led the way until they were entering the Room of Requirement. Draco looked very ill, she finally stopped and spun around, on the verge of tears. The water was building up in her dark eyes like a river was about to overflow.

"I cannot do this anymore. I cannot keep going on day by day, wondering if you feel the same way. I cannot contemplate our relationship and I cannot let it consume my thoughts any longer." Draco felt the hole in his chest, he felt as if the Crucio curse had been cursed up him several times and clenched his chest as he watched the memory.

He stepped forward, fixed her collar, kissed her cheek and nodded.
"And you won't even say anything?" her voice as soft as a mouse. Her words were jumbled in her throat and the river in her eyes had finally flooded her rosy cheeks. He watched as each one carefully slid down the side, leaving a shiny line as it did so.
"What do you want me to say, Granger? I cannot do this right now, I am sorry."

The memory changed once more, the night Bellatrix entered Hogwarts. Draco sneaked out of bed, placing his bare-feet on the icy dungeon floors and began to make his way to the Room of Requirement. Why did you do this! He shouted at himself, who carried on towards the Room of Requirement. The door appeared and he entered inside and made his way to the large cabinet. He put a small white bird inside and cast the spell, a dead bird reappeared and he closed it once more. Draco stood in awe as the door opened and Bellatrix and several other Death Eaters entered the room. Bellatrix smiled hideously at Draco and kissed her nephew on the cheek and made her way for the Great Hall.

She cast several spells, shattering all the stained-glass of the many windows. Bellatrix ran on the tables, kicking off plates and glasses and destroying the peaceful night sky above them that was cast by Dumbledore. She then broke the doors down and stunned several paintings. Her cackle echoing through the hallways as she ran through them, creating havoc.

Draco led them up to Dumbledore's room where he stood on the balcony. Draco Malfoy held his wand to Dumbledore who surrendered and tried to persuade him not to follow his orders. Deep inside Draco Malfoy, he could not find the strength to kill him, he even felt the same thing as he watched the memory. I would never be able to.

Snape appeared and cast Avada Kedavra on Albus Dumbledore who fell down the Astronomy tower. Draco met his eyes as plummeted to his death on June 30 1997.

He stood paralyzed next to his paralyzed self as they stood and watched the spot Albus Dumbledore stood. He shot his head to Snape who ordered for them to leave immediately.

Draco ran alone along the hallways and down the moving staircases where he heard his name being shouted.

"Draco!" Hermione came running down on the opposite staircase. She attempted to reach for his hand and noticed the shock and pain in his hurricane eyes. His head darted to Bellatrix's laughing and chanting of Dumbledore's death.

"Im sorry." he mouthed and told her to get Harry and Ron and leave. Their eyes wouldn't let them separate and she tried to reach for him once more but she couldn't.

"Draco!" Bellatrix sang and skipped to his side, he carried on staring where Hermione had just stood. She shoved him and told him to get walking and head back to his house so he wouldn't be caught. Draco was ordered to stay in Hogwarts as long as he could, as the Vanishing Cabinet was a source of entrance for the Death Eaters.

The memory began to fade as Draco paced down the hall, a storm brewing in his eyes.