Subtle Scents Of Myrr

Hermione, Ron and Harry entered Hogsmeade and entered their favorite restaurant, The Three Broomsticks. Ironic, there's three of them Draco chuckled as he relived his memory. Draco followed the trio and stood against the wall and watched the memory replay. On that specific day, Hermione invited him to join them in Hogsmeade. Draco had declined the offer and said he had to attend family matters. The trio ordered a round of Butterbeer. Draco had always disliked Butterbeer with it's less-sickly butterscotch flavor and the slight alcoholic content in the beverage. He preferred something...stronger.

Malfoy waited for himself to enter the room patiently. He watched Hermione as she sipped her Butterbeer which formed a frothy white mustache around her lips. He smiled at the sight of her embarrassment and wiped it away quickly when Ron pointed it out. The shabby door creaked open and he appeared in his black robes with gelled-hair and no expression in his face.
"'Mione, didn't you..." Potter began, trailing his eyes towards Draco Malfoy.
She turned around anxiously to find Draco standing there, clenched jaw, forming a strong jaw-line. They made eye contact for a second and he noticed the hurt in Hermione's eyes. Draco exited the room, through a peculiar door and he was gone. Hermione sat there staring blankly at the door, she twisted back around and downed her Butterbeer and ordered another one. Do slow down Granger.

Surprisingly, the memory had not yet faded into the repetitive liquid state. Draco carried on watching Hermione as she became awfully silent. She rose gracefully from the table and excused herself. She went through the same door, Draco had went through, moments ago. He followed Hermione as she followed Draco. Hermione planned on confronting Draco what he was doing and why he had blatantly lied to her face.
"Draco Malfoy!" she shouted as she found him sauntering down the hallway. He stopped dead in his tracks and sighed heavily.
"Hermione, this is not a good time."
"Draco, you blatantly lied to my face! You said you were attending family matters. Why would your family even be in the Three Broomsticks Inn?" she shrieked at him.
"'Mione," he turned around and slowly stepped forward towards Granger, she was infatuated by his every movement, "It doesn't concern you where my family goes, you know for a fact, everyone wants my father in Azkiban. That is why I meet him here, where no one expects."

Hermione searched his grey, hurricane-like eyes for the slightest bit of a lie, yet she couldn't find it. She lifted her tiny hand to his warm cheek and held it as he looked towards the floor in embarrassment.
"I'm sorry... It's just that I wanted you here today. I wanted you to get along with Harry and Ron." Draco scoffed at the reply and shook his head with laughter.
"Keep dreaming, Granger. Okay, I need to get going though. I will see you at the Yule Ball." He wrapped his arms around her petite waist and whispered in her ear to slow down on the Butterbeer. She giggled at the tickle of his warm breath on her ear and his comment he made. Draco released her embrace and carried along the hallway, leaving Hermione to gaze after him.
"Draco!" Hermione called after him, he spun around smiling.
"Yes 'Mione?"
"I got my dress. See you at 7."
Nearly forgot about that!

The memory swished magically around, Hermione disappearing into blues and grey's, whimsically floating around forming shapes. Draco stood before his favorite memory — seeing Hermione at the Yule Ball. Draco was dressed in his best robes, black of course.

"She looks beautiful!" Padma exclaimed from behind him.
"She does!" Harry agreed nodding towards Parvati. Padma shook her headed and pointed at Hermione, Draco turned around to face the grand stairs.

She peeped her head around the corner. He caught a glance of her elegant make-up and her stunning hair which she managed to tame. He stood next to himself, dumbfounded. How did I end up with the most beautiful woman in the world? Hermione began taking graceful steps down the stairs. Her dress was breath-taking. Soft pinks swooped down her waist, cascading into ruffles by her feet. The top of the dress shone brilliantly in the ambient light, the tight pink fitted her upper body amazingly and cinched in her waist with a purple silk ribbon, the dress cut into a V-shape, exposing a bit of cleavage and had light pink ruffles running off her shoulders. Hermione met Draco's stare and smiled.

"Merlin, Hermione! You look...Amazing." Draco said trying to find the words to suit her utmost beauty.
"Thank you, Malfoy!" She beamed and he held out his hand in which she took, "You don't look too bad yourself." She smirked and her thumb grazed over his, sending shocks wherever they touched.

They began walking towards the ball - Slytherins, Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors mouths were practically on the floor. Draco watched as people whispered in awe about the couple. He never noticed other houses together until now. Weaslebee came sauntering around the corner looking like the utmost fool in his Great Aunt Tessy's robes. He practically fell over when he saw Hermione and nearly punched Draco when he saw her holding Granger's hand.

The night hit off with a bang, Draco and Hermione did the traditional dance together. Malfoy picked Hermione up effortlessly and spun her around with charm. The couple danced like a cork in the waves until their feet were no longer wanting to participate anymore. Best night of my life.

The couple walked over to their friends, Draco's hand slid off Hermione's waist and he walked towards his fellow Slytherin friends.

Hermione spun around and looked absolutely ecstatic. Harry beamed her a smile and asked if she was enjoying her night and she nodded frantically, laughing.
"Rather hot in here, isn't it?" she giggled like a five year old. Ron rolled his eyes at her.
"What's got your wand in a knot?" Hermione questioned firmly.
"You're fraternizing with the enemy!" Ron accused.
"The enemy?" she replied shocked. Her 'best friend' was accusing her over something so irrational. Bloody Weaslebee ruining everything as usual.
Ron nodded and that was when Hermione had lost it.
"He is not the enemy! Honestly, get over yourself! He's kind and sweet and unlike you, he actually cares for me!" she shouted angrily.
"I'm sure that's not the only thing he cares about." Ron implied disgustingly, Harry elbowed him in the ribs, trying to tell him to stop.
"How dare you! If you are so jealous, next time their is a ball, pluck up the courage and ask me! Before someone else does!" Hermione had tears bubbling in her eyes, Draco felt a pang in his stomach, watching Hermione get so upset.
"I'd rather not." he replied smugly.
"Ron, you spoiled everything!" she began weeping and shooed them off to bed. That was when Draco finally caught the sight of his devastated date. She sat in a clump on the stairs alone, wiping her tears away, slowly taking her heels off. Draco stood next to himself and felt the water in his eyes. He closed them to try and hold them back. He slowly walked up to Hermione and sat himself down beside her.

"Here," he helped take off her high-heel and she smiled, wiping her tears away, "Should I ask what happened or leave it for another day?"
She giggled and held his hand. He rubbed his thumb over hers and stood up. Draco held his pale hand out for Hermione, which she took and stood up. His eyes lowered to her feet and he smirked. Draco picked up Hermione and carried her out of the Yule Ball. She wrapped her arms around his neck and her head fitted perfectly in the gap between his neck and shoulder.

"If you're getting tired you can put me down you know." she whispered in his ear.
"How weak do you think I am, Granger?" He carried on until they got to the Gryffindor doorway.

"Thank you for tonight. I'm sorry it was ruined..." Hermione looked down at her bare feet, unable to meet his intense stare.
"It was rather perfect," he brushed her curls behind her ear and his fingers glided along her jaw. She was stiff but eventually she became relaxed and met his hurricane eyes.

Draco didn't realize how tall he had gotten, he was at least a head taller than the brunette. Draco stood beside them and watched as he made his move. Go in for the kill, lad. No, bad statement.

Draco Malfoy leaned down and he was inches away from Hermione's plump lips. She pulled his robes towards him and he kissed her. Her kisses were like sweet, sad, subtle scents of myrrh.

"Goodnight, Draco."