Guilt Trip

That had been about two weeks ago and Dipper thanked any higher beings that he could think of that Ford dropped the whole 'outing Bill' idea.
What Dipper hadn't expected was Bills words to follow him. While Bill did cause chaos several years back, he didn't kill anyone. It intruded on his previous thoughts on the demon. He have had nightmares of the demon and hated anything that resembled his image, but now? Now he's forced to realize that Bill never intended harm. Even when he had been possessed, had Bill not hindered Dipper's studies, he may have been able to stop the portal before he met Ford. Sure Bill had other motives to having that portal open, but Dipper found himself thankful for the way things turned out.
But why did Bill want into this reality so badly? Dipper spent his first summer terrified of the creatures in the woods only to understand them. He never needed to defeat them, but Bill. He never thought to try and negotiate with him.
He had been scared of Bill just like everything else, but why was he so insistent on killing him instead of understanding him. Especially now that he's forced to realize that he's not as deadly as he originally thought.
There's only one way to fix that, and Dipper was full of bad ideas. So he found himself in front of the large mansion doors. Bill's words echoed in his ears. Surely he hadn't been completely serious about it, right? Maybe with Ford, but Bill would at least hesitate setting him on fire.
Hopefully.
Despite his raising nerves he raised his hand to knock, only for the door to open before he had the chance. Mcgucket peeked his head around the door.
"Oh good, I've been meaning to talk to you." He whispered quietly, ushering Dipper in. The mansion was quieter than his last visit. The only sounds that he could hear was the servants busing themselves by dusting off the walls. The air was tense.
Dipper follow the man into a side room filled with fluffy furniture. "I've been trying to get a hold of your Grunkle, but he's..." he chuckled."elusive as always." He gestured for Dipper to take a seat as he took his own. The man looked troubled, Dipper noted. "Well, ah. I'm just gonna beat around the bush. What happened when you two left. I haven't seen hind or hair from Bill and the boys since." He seemed worried. Dipper felt his stomach drop. Maybe Ford did out Bill and now he's out on a rampage. Where is he?
"They're missing?"
"Well, not exactly. The servants have seen them. They've holed up in his room." McGucket rubbed his temple, probably rubbing away a stress headache. Dipper felt his stomach twist. It'd be easy to mistake that remaining clone for two if you didn't see much of them. McGucket didn't know one is... He really didn't want to be the one to deliver this news. He just came to apologize.
"Can I speak to him?" Dipper tried to keep his voice steady. It didn't work.

Mcgucket lead him down winding hallways and gestured to a door. "I haven't been able to get a response." Was all he said before he walked away.
Okay. About to confront a demon who's probably out for his blood. He let out a shaky breath. He knocked once. Then twice. "Bill?"
Nothing.
He pressed his ear to the door. Loud ruffling of papers could be heard as if they were thrown into the air accented by a soft laughter that dipper could recognize as the remaining clone.
Dipper tried the doorknob. Unlocked.
Okay, on the count of one. Two. Three.
He stepped in the room.
...........................
Hey! It's been a while. I don't have an excuse for how long it took to update. But he