On The Down Low

Feet could be heard running down the hallway. It was loud and approaching quickly. Bill separated himself as soon as he heard the door open, and pushed candy behind him were the intruder could not immediately see what it was.
Of course that was what he was worried about. Dipper wondered if Bill even understood the weight of what had just happened. Probably not.
"Found you!" Alexander yelled, throwing himself over Bill. "I told you they'd be in here." He said to Mabel who followed him in.
"Mm-hm." She hummed, snatching a candy from Bills stash.
"Hey!" Bill tried to claim.
"I didn't know you had a sweet tooth." She laughed.
"He eat enough sugar for the both of us!" Alexander explained. Dipper didn't stop himself from laughing at Bills embarrassment.
"Then we need to take him to Greasys Dinner." Dipper said.
"Absolutely!" Mabel put a hand on his shoulder. Dipper was grateful she was accepting him as well. She'd be less likely to kill him this way. "Their pancakes the best! Lazy Susan loves to pile on the chocolate chips and ooooh the whip cream is to die for!"
"You guys should go to tomorrow!" Alexander said.
"What are you going to do?" Mabel asked.
"Me and Grandpa are going to go to the store and find the best flowers for the garden."
"You don't want us to go with you?" Bill asked.
"I can do it myself! It's just me and Games Day." He smiled.
"I guess it's settled." Mabel smiled standing and offering a hand to both Dipper and Bill. "We need to get to bed then." Dipper took her hand and stood up. He watched as Bill hesitated to grab her offer before she grabbed his hand and pulled him up herself.
"Yeah, I just need to talk to Bill for a second, okay?" Dipper said.
Mabel gave him a questioning glance, but ushered Alexander back to the bedroom.
"Talk about what?" Bill asked when the left the room.
"About what had just happened."
"About our plans for tomorrow?"
"No before that." Dipper tried to avoid saying it directly.
"Before they came in?"
"Yeah. The um..."
"The human affection." Bill clarified. Dipper hated hearing it like that. It meant nothing to Bill. Dipper contemplated asking him to never to do that again. But it didn't mean anything to Bill and he doesn't even understand what it means. It'd be to easy.
He dropped that thought. He needed to treat Bill fairly, and that meant not talking advantage.
But why did he consider it an advantage. That would mean it meant something to Dipper and he enjoyed it. He did enjoy it. But did it mean anything?
Okay yes, Bill was very attractive this close up, and from what he could tell, Bill has changed. And dating a demon would be every monster hunters dream. So Dipper would admit, he liked the idea of dating Bill, but he wasn't so sure if he like Bill for Bill. And he would make one hell of a crazy ex.
"Do you know what you did?"
"Kiss you? Did I do something wrong?" Bill looked mildly scared.
"No, no. "Dipper was quick to correct. "Just, you only kiss someone if you like them."
"But I do-"
"No. Not like friends. Someone you love. You kiss people you love."
"But I don't kiss Alexander or Fiddleford like that."
"No, I mean like romantically. There person you mate with and that kind of stuff."
"Oh, I'm sorry." He still looked a little confused. Dipper guessed it was because he kissed back, and why would he do that if he wasn't dating him. He didn't know either.
"Do you know why you did it?" Dipper leaned against the counter.
"Fiddleford said if I have any gut urges, that I should do it because it usually is the right thing to do. So I did." Bill answer with an amazing amount of honesty. Dipper almost forgot who he was talking to.
"Good advice." Dipper nodded. He wasn't sure what else to say.
"I don't really get this human interaction thing. But..."
"Do you think we should go for it?"
"For what?" Bill asked.
"I don't know. Date? Kiss and stuff." Dipper shrugged. He ignored the feeling of tingles in his feet. He was rejected more often than not.
"What does you gut say?" Bill asked.
"Yes. What does yours say?" Dippers felt stressed. Here it comes. Here is the no.
"Yes."
There was a silence neither one of them were brave enough to break. They looked up at each other.
"Then it's settled then." Dipper whispered. It was all he dared to do.
"Yeah." Bill paused. "We shouldn't let them know. Right?" He asked.
"No, I don't think so. I don't know how Mabel will react."
"Or Fiddleford and Alexander."
"I think Alex would be excited, but he couldn't keep it a secret." Dipper smiled and Bill laughed.
"You're probably right."
"Now come on, they're probably waiting on us." Dipper walked around the counter.
"Pine Tree?" He followed him around.
"Yeah?" Dipper turned to look over to him.
Bill leaned down, but stopped halfway as I'd asking him permission. Dipper met him in a compromise and reached up to kiss him. Just once and only quickly. Then he turned for the door with a wide grin on his face.