Chapter 2

I walked up the old stairs to the attic. I entered a dark room, covered in cobwebs and old artifacts. In the back of the room, there sat a mummy, a petrified mummy that was wearing a muumuu.

"Hello?" I asked and looked around the mummy. A green smoke came out of the mummy's mouth and spoke,

"A child of the wise,

A child of magic,

Will either make magic better,

Or change it for the worse."

"What?!" I asked the mummy, but the smoke disappeared and the mummy was completely motionless.

I walked back down the old stairs. I found Chiron sipping his tea in the kitchen.

"What the heck was that?!!!" I yelled, furious with the mummy.

"The oracle." Chiron stirred his tea.

"The what?!" I asked again.

"The oracle." Chiron spoke the word oracle like he was speaking to a small child, slowly and stressed each syllable.

"I heard you, but I can't believe you have an oracle."

"Well, what did it say?" Chiron shifted in his seat, impatiently,

I repeated the oracle's words. As I spoke, Chiron looked more and more on edge. When I finished, Chiron sighed.

"Well, what does it mean?" I asked as Chiron was showing me to the door.

"Exactly what it says." And the door closed in my face.

I trudged back to my cabin. I flung open the door to find nobody inside, everyone was out playing games or practicing. May as well do something, I thought as I pulled my hair into a braid.

When I was ready, I walked to the archery practice area. A guy, a teenager, with brown dirty-looking hair and freckled skin was teaching another boy which way to point the arrow. The young boy pulled back and the arrow just fell to the ground. People all around me were hitting the targets, though. I grabbed a now from a bucket and grabbed a few arrows that were lying on the ground. As everyone watched, I pulled back and let the arrow fly. I hit a the dummy right in the heart.

I grinned, then realized that people were whispering again. I sighed and moved to the far end of the target practice, and noticed a pretty blonde girl following me. She had wavy hair that was in a ponytail, and I noticed her from my cabin.

"Hi, I'm Annabeth. You are Ariana, right? We have the same mother." Annabeth smiled as she greeted me.

"Hi, nice to meet you. This is going to sound weird, but everyone is talking about me. Why is that?" I asked. Anna berth sighed and pulled back her arrow, shooting her dummy in the arm.

"You are a witch, are you not?" She asked, brushing the fly-away hairs from her face.

"Yes." I said.

"And you are a half-blood." She said.

"Right again, but why does it matter?" I asked.

"Everybody knows the prophecy about you. You are the most powerful demigod ever and the most powerful witch ever. You have two sides of magic on your family. We all know about the prophecy, as I said. We have been preparing for the day you make your big decision." She explained.

"I never told anybody about the prophecy!" I complained.

"You didn't need to. Follow me." She said, and started walking to the woods. I didn't know where we were going, but I followed her into the forest.