Chapter 13

"Thank the gods." Annabeth huffs as we bike up to a rental car place. Percy quickly jumps out of the red wagon at the sight of two blonde teenage girls laughing and pointing at him. I smile at Annabeth.

The rental car place is called 'Rent-a-Car.' Thank goodness that was the name, I would have never guessed what all these cars with the 'rent me' sign were for. Yeah right.

It is a tiny brick building with a glass front wall. There cars of all different colors, styles, and companies. There was even a black convertible, which Percy was oggling at until Annabeth whacked his arm.

"Hello, and welcome to Rent-a-Car! My name is Kaylee, how may I how help you?" Says a too perky teen brunette. She is small but has huge eyes that don't seem like they should be on her face.

"We would like to rent a car. Preferably a van." Annabeth says to Kaylee. "Color doesn't matter." She adds.

"Okay, hang on one sec." Kaylee says as she types on her computer at her desk. This place has a TV, a sitting area with leather couches, and a brown front desk where Kaylee is sitting. It is really cute and small.

"Alright, we have the car out here." Kaylee says after about two minutes of typing. She gestures to the door.

"Percy, you go." I say as I kick back in the sitting area and turn on the TV to Spongebob. Percy opens his mouth to argue, but then shuts it and walks out with Kaylee. Annabeth sits down next to me and watches Spongebob with her feet put up on a coffee table.

"I forgot! May I see your driver's license?" Kaylee asks Percy when they come back in, and Annabeth begins to panick. She jumps up from her seat. I slowly get up after her.

"We um...don't..." She begins, but I cut her off.

"Cover me." I whisper to her and Percy. There is only one old lady sitting in the other leather chair.

"Obliviate." I whisper and point my wand at Kaylee.

Her eyes bug out more than they do normally.

"The car? It's out there somewhere..." She mumbles. She takes a glance at her computer screen, then turns it around to show us.

"This is the car. Whatever car. This one. Who am I?" She babbles.

"The keys." Percy whispers to her.

Kaylee hands Percy some keys and he leaves again.

"Quests are tiring." I sigh as I sit back down and continue to watch Spongebob.

"Tell me about it." Annabeth grumbles and focuses her attention to the TV as she sits down again.

We sit in silence for about five minutes until Percy walks again.

"The car's out here." He points outside to a dark blue Honda mini van. He jingles the keys in his hand and hands the money to Kaylee.

"Thanks? Where am I?" Kaylee asks. We ignore her and walk out and get into the mini van with me driving, Annabeth in the passenger seat, and Percy in the back.

"Why am I always in the back?" He grumbles and I snicker at him.

"Where to next?" Annabeth asks enthusiastically.

"Clothes!" I shout and grin.

"Ugh!" Percy and Annabeth complain simultaniously.

"Too bad, suckers! I'm driving now!" I tease and pull out the magic map.

"Here it is." I trace my finger from where we are to the nearest clothing store.

"Yay!" I say as I pull out of Rent-a-Car.

"No!" Percy and Annabeth whine.

*******************************************************************

"Well?" I ask as I step out of the fitting room in a light blue chevron shirt and jeans.

"Looks great. Can we go?" Annabeth snaps and picks up the clothes I picked out for her.

"No! I only picked out one good outfit." I whine.

"Percy! Hurry up!" Annabeth shouts to Percy, who is in the fitting room.

Percy walks out in a navy blue shirt and jeans.

"You look nice." I say to him.

"So do you." He says back.

"LALALALALALA!" Annabeth sings and puts her hands on her ears.

"Oh, whatever!" I snap and head back to the rack with Percy headed in the opposite way.

I sort through the clothes and see nothing interesting. This store isn't all that great. All it is is lime green walls and clothing racks upon clothing racks. I can't even see from one side of the tiny store to the other, it has so many clothing racks.

"PICK ME!" I hear as I find a Percy in the clothing rack. I jump back and shout a not so nice word.

"Haha, I scared you." Percy teases me as he steps out of the clothes.

"Don't do that." I manage to say as I recover from my shock.

I punched him in the arm when I got over it.

"Ow!" He whines and rubs his arm.

"Wear that out." I say to him. He is wearing the navy blue shirt and jeans that he came out of the fitting room in.

"You too." He says about my chevron shirt.

"Okay." I smile and walk to the check out counter with Annabeth on my heels.

"Are we leaving?" She asks with a giant smile.

"Yes Annabeth, we are leaving." I sigh as I hand over Drake's money.

"We're leaving!" She shouts. The sales lady at the checkout gives her a rude look.

When I'm done checking out, we leave and I get back into the driver's seat.

"SHOTGUN!" Percy shouts and runs to the passenger seat.

"No fair! I was almost there!" Annabeth yells at Percy.

"You didn't call shotgun." Percy teases.

"Shut up and get in the car." I say and they get in.

"To the Underworld!" I shout as we drive away.

"To the Underworld!" Annabeth and Percy chorus and we drive away happily.