Chapter One

NIALL'S POV

"Boys! New customer!" My co worker and best friend Valerie popped her head in the employee back room, grinning.

"And then Harry just smiled and nodded. What the fuck does that even mean? Is it a sign for something like I like your face..." My other best friend Zayn kept rambling, oblivious to Val's interruption. I nudged him rather harshly, to which he snapped out of it, finally looking up.

Val snickered, then her face fell a bit. "Bummer! You lads have to take him, my shift's over!"

I nodded excitedly, getting out of the chair and snatching my apron from the hook.

"What, new customer?" Zayn's eyes widened.

"Too late, Malik! See ya, Val."

She grabbed my arm on the way. "Boy, is he cute! And tell me everything later okay?"

"Alright!" I laughed, and she let go of my arm. 

My family's little coffee shop was quite popular in our hometown of Mullingar, Ireland. But still, it wasn't everyday when a new customer showed up in our little town's coffee shop. The many people coming in were all regulars, the people that had known me ever since I was a baby.

I tightened the strings of my apron and walked out of the back room. Among the other customers who were occupying the booths, there was a boy standing near the counter, nervously looking at the ground. His head was covered by a beanie, with a fringe of feathery brown hair peeking out from under it. He was nervously fiddling with his fingers.

Val was right. He was a bit attractive. Even from a distance. I approached the counter and cleared my throat. "What can I get you, sir?"

The beanie clad boy looked up, a bit startled by my voice, and a pair of gorgeous blue-grey eyes met my crystal blue ones.

"Um," he spoke slowly, twisting the hem of his shirt around his fingers. "I'll have a, um, coffee?"

"Alright," I nodded, chuckling a bit. "There's a wide variety. Can you narrow it down?"

He bit his lip, his cheeks reddening. "Uh, cappuchino?"

"Sure, coming right up." I turned back around with a smile and expertly started mixing and brewing the drink. I inhaled the smell of fresh coffee while my thoughts drifted to the boy standing behind me.

Why was he so damn nervous? Maybe 'cos he was new around here? And damn, was he cute! Even if he seemed a bit awkward. That added to his cuteness!

I mentally slapped myself. God, Val is right. I really do need a boyfriend as I've now started calling complete strangers cute.

Minutes later, I was done with his drink and set it down on the counter. He tentatively retrieved it, pulling out some money and handing it to me, a bit unsurely.

"So, I'm guessing you're new around here? Or are you a tourist passing by?" I asked him, pressing the buttons on the cash register.

I looked up from the cash register when he didn't answer for a while. He was looking at me with surprised blue eyes, as if I had asked him for his soul instead of a simple conversational question.

"Uh, um. I, yeah. Moved here," he finally answered with a weak smile, then looked away as if remembering something.

I nodded, smiling back. "Cool. I hope you like it here in our little town, um...?"

"Louis."

"Louis, hope you like it here."

"Thank you..."

"Niall."

He smiled cutely, tugging at his beanie. "Uh, thank you Niall."

With his warm drink in hand, he turned back around and walked out of the shop. Now, I was mildly curious about Louis.

Why was he seem so anti-social? And he spoke so quietly! And he looked like he was expecting someone to attack him, he was so nervous!

I shook away my prodding thoughts. Why was I so curious about this complete stranger? Well maybe, because in this boring little town where everybody knows everybody's grandmother, seeing a new face makes you excited.

I briefly wondered where Louis, the new boy lived and where he had moved from. I hope he's in some of my classes at college.

I hope we can be friends, even if he seems a bit shy and awkward.

~*~

It's super short, yeah. It's gonna be a short story with hopefully longer chappies in the future.

But they met! Woo! And Nialler is curious. :D 

**Edited it, and added Zarry into the mix! Whatcha think? :3

Vote if you likey! <3

**Next update after 10 votes, 3 comments and 50 reads.**

Preview of the next chapter: Louis visits again and they meet at a different place? ;)