Chapter Two

LOUIS' POV

I took my drink from the blue eyed barista, who I admit was the cutest among all the boys I've ever seen.

Self consciously tugging on my beanie, I casually strolled through the streets of Mullingar, the small town in the country of Ireland. My new home.

I reached a bridge and stood over the railing, admiring the stillness of the water, sipping my coffee. It was so peaceful here, you could actually see nature. Unlike London, where all you could see were buildings and people.

I took another gulp of the bittersweet coffee. Hm, I think I'm becoming a coffee addict now. Well, I won't mind being a coffee addict if I'll get to see that cute barista everyday.

Wait a minute? Where did that thought come from?

I shook my head and fixed my eyes on the water. My thoughts drifted to my family back in London, who must be living happily right now. Even more happier now, with me gone. I'm sure of that.

I have no idea how long I must've been standing there, 'cos the soft morning sunlight transitioneed to a warm glare. But it felt good on my back.

"Well, hello again!" I turned around and met the same blue eyes I saw before. The blonde lad, Niall? was smiling at me, and I slowly returned the gesture. It was still all very new to me, seeing and interacting with people who weren't my family.

He came to stand beside me on the bridge, and took a deep breath when a warm breeze blew past us, ruffling his hair. I admired his side profile discreetly.

"So Louis? Liking it here so far?"

I chose my words carefully. "It's nice. No more buildings and traffic."

Niall raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Where did you move from?"

"London."

Niall jumped up excitedly. "Oh my God, I always wanted to go to London, the big city! It gets so dull here sometimes. I mean I love my hometown, but you get kinda bored after seein' all the same things and faces for 20 years."

I nodded, watching him talk, processing his words. He had such a thick accent, just like everyone did here. I really shouldn't have come here. I'm so different. I can't fit in anywhere.

"I never liked the city," I shrugged. "I like it here, it's peaceful and you can see nature."

Niall nodded. "That's true, I guess. You never like what you have, that's a true fact," he quipped and laughed.

I didn't laugh along with him, just listened to his laugh. He had a nice laugh, the one that made you smile.

"So, why'd you move from London, to here? All the way to another country?" he asked, his blue eyes shining with curiosity. Normally, I would be bugged at someone asking me so many questions, but surprisingly, I didn't mind when the blonde questioned me.

I shrugged half-heartedly. "Tired from the city life," I lied.

"Oh. Well if you ever go back to London, take me with you yeah? For a visit."

I smiled at his request. "Deal."

"Whoa, seriously?" Niall beamed, his accent becoming thicker with his excitement. He was nice, always laughing and in a good mood, which was contagious. You could never ever feel sad when Niall was around, I guessed.

"Your family must be in London, yeah?"

I sighed involuntarily. "Yeah. I moved here to get away from everything."

Thankfully, he didn't ask much about that.

"So, are you gonna go to college?" he asked, a bit... hopefully?

I shook my head, and his face dropped a bit. Was he expecting me to go with him?

"No, I was already homeschooled to a university level," I answered him and Niall whistled in awe.

"Nice."

We stood in silence for a few more minutes. "So, I'll see ya tomorrow?"

I nodded, smiling sheepishly. "Yeah. I'm a bit of a coffee addict so you're going to expect me a lot."

Niall smirked. "I don't mind that one bit."

He turned around to walk back to wherever he was going, while I blushed at his words and tugged on my beanie.

I think the decision to come here won't be too bad afterall.

~*~

Oops, Hi! ^o^

I love writing this, they're so dang cute! :D

So vote and comment if you like, yeah?

REMEMBER: It's a short story, so there will be a lot of chappies, but only one or two pages long. Hence, *short story*. :D

**Next update after 14 votes, 5 comments and 80 reads.**

Preview of the next chapter: Niall and Louis's friendship develops more? Idk... ;)