Chapter Eleven

NIALL'S POV

After my last class today, I planned to visit the principal's office, 'cos I had to run an errand. I had texted Louis that I'd be a bit late for tutoring as I had an extra class and he shouldn't wait up for me.

As soon as the last bell rung, I bade goodbye to Val and hurriedly made my way to my college's head master's office.

I asked the lady at the reception counter if I had to wait, but since it was the end of almost all the classes, she allowed me to go in.

"Mr. Horan! What a surprise?" Mr. Anderson greeted me, amused. I closed the office door behind me, then cleared my throat.

"Uh, hello sir. I actually wanted to talk to you."

Mr. Anderson smiled. "And I reckon that's why you're here?" I nodded in affirmation. He gestured me to take a seat, and I plopped down in one of the leather seats in front of his desk.

"So, what can I help you with, Niall?"

"Well, actually, I had heard a few days ago that you- I mean the college, was terminating Ms. Wilson's job?"

Mr. Anderson's eyes widened. "How on earth did you know that?"

I fidgeted in my seat. "Uh, rumors sir. Are they true?"

Mr. Anderson sighed. "Unfortunately, yes. Christine Wilson, our only Dramatics teacher, had a shady record, we were informed of that a few days ago. So of course we can't risk our college's reputation, so we are doing the only thing possible; terminating her job."

I nodded, trying to suppress my smile. "Well then sir. That' exactly what I wanted to talk to you about. You must be looking for a new Drama teacher now, right?" I asked, jumping slightly in my seat.

Mr. Anderson frowned. "Of course. I'm going to send information about the job vacancy in a few days, then hold interviews."

"Oh, really? Well, I've a friend who would love to apply. Reckon you could interview him?" I asked, grinning.

"I don't know, Mr. Horan. We'll have to see if he's qualified or-"

"Oh, he is!" I pulled out Louis' degrees and certificates- which I has snagged from Louis' room on my last visit to his apartment- out of my bag, laying them out on the desk.

Mr. Anderson assessed them, his eyes widening. "My word! This lad is qualified! He even has a degree in Dramatic Arts from the University of London. Louis Tomlinson..." he read on. If Louis was home-schooled, how did he even manage to get a degree from such a prestigious college? Maybe, you can when you're rich. I shrugged mentally. The main thing is, Louis loves drama, and he sure as Hell knows a lot about it, believe me.

After what seemed like hours, Mr. Anderson laid the papers back down, and took off his glasses. "Well, Mr. Horan. Your friend seems quite fit for this job, in all almost aspects. But we still have to arrange an interview for him. Usually, we don't take teachers as young as him, but I'm willing to make an exception, based on his qualifications."

"So, what do I tell Louis?" I ask, grinning widely.

Mr. Anderson smiled. "Tell your friend, he has an interview tomorrow, here, at 9 AM sharp. And the job is his if he can impress me."

"Yes! Thank you so much Mr. Anderson!" I sprang up from the chair, gathering up the papers and throwing a goodbye over my shoulder.

Yes! Louis almost has the job now! He just needs to answer a couple of questions, and the job is his! And I know Louis will charm Mr. Anderson.

And now I'm definitely signing up for drama class. Even if I can't.

~*~

"Niall! How were your classes?" Louis asked as soon as he opened the door to his apartment, grinning. Instead of answering him, I just rolled my eyes and hooked an arm around his neck, pulling him down and brushing my lips against his, feeling tingles on my lips, his whiskers lightly tickling my skin.

I stepped back and smiled lightly, while Louis smiled back, blushing lightly. I ruffled his hair as he didn't have a beanie on, which made his adorable brown ears twitch.

"Alright, ready for some Chemistry? Louis asked, holding his hand out. I grinned goofily, linking our hands, and pulling him to my chest.

"Sure. But first, I've a surprise for you. Remember...?"

Louis' eyes widened. "Oh, yeah! What is it?"

I smiled cheekily, looking into Louis' blue grey eyes. "I got a job for you."

Louis moved away, his mouth dropping open. "You, what?"

I frowned at his reaction. "I talked to the principal of my college, and they had the position for a drama teacher open. So I told them about you and-"

"Why would you do that, Niall?" Louis asked, his face pale. Why, isn't this what he wanted?

"B-but, I thought you wanted this job. You told me so," I murmured sadly, looking down.

A few seconds later, I felt Louis wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me to his chest. "I'm sorry, Nialler. It's just- thank you so much for doing this. Really. But I don't know if I'm good enough to be a teacher. I'm not exactly social or anything," Louis spoke, frustrated.

I shook my head. "That doesn't matter. You love drama, you want to teach it, it's what I know you must do best, what you like to do, so hell, do it!"

Louis smiled sheepishly. "I guess you're right. Sorry for over reacting a bit, before. You just, uh, shocked me. But thanks for doing this, you're amazing," Louis cooed, resting his chin on top of my head, as he was about an inch or two taller than me.

"No problem, love. So you're first ever job interview is tomorrow," I informed him, and felt him freeze.

"What? Oh my God Niall, what am I gonna say! What do I do? What do I wear?! God, I'm not ready!" Louis fretted, already pacing in his small living room.

I rolled my eyes, grabbing his upper arms. "Calm down Lou! You'll be fine, okay? They're just going to ask you some questions, and you'll have to answer them honestly. I already showed them your qualifications."

"How'd you do that?"

"I, uh, borrowed them from your room yesterday, when you were in the kitchen," I admitted sheepishly, ruffling my hair.

Louis came closer and squeezed me in a hug. "You sneaky little leprechaun, you!" he chided playfully, booping my nose with his. God, I love this playful side of his. Well, I love all the sides of Louis, to be honest.

And I hope he gets the job. I'd love to have a student-teacher romance. But we can't tell anyone about us. 'Cos then Louis can lose his job. And besides, I've only about a few months of college left.

~*~

Yay! Louis almost has a job! Awh, what a thoughtful boyfriend Nialler is! :D

Dedication to @NiallersSloth 'cos she's just a perfect little bunny! <3

**Next update after 39 votes, 10 comments and 270 reads?**

Preview of the next chapter: Louis' first day of college! As a teacher of course ... :D