Chapter Sixteen

LOUIS' POV

I was standing outside the college gates after classes, the students greeting me as they passed by. Of course, I was waiting for Niall.

I saw Zayn and the curly haired bloke, Harry, walking out of class together, and Harry had an arm around Zayn's shoulders in more than a friendly way. I took that as a good sig and made a mental note to ask Niall about them later.

After Niall had shown up, we were walking to Niall's apartment together after our college classes, and I couldn't get rid of the smile on my face, even if I tried.

Things had been so perfect between Niall and I; even more since Niall's birthday. I guess, somehow, the infinity necklace had brought us even closer.

No words were said between us the whole way, and as soon as I entered behind Niall inside his apartment, he pulled me to the side and slammed me to the wall, joining our lips together in a much needed kiss.

I brought my hands up and carded them through my boyfriend's bleach blonde hair, our lips moving in perfect sync. As soon as we parted, I took advantage of the distraction and shifted so that Niall was against the wall, and shooting him a cheeky smirk, kissed him firmly one last time and walked towards the living room.

"I swear, you're slowly losing your innocence," Niall muttered from behind, sounding breathless. I just snickered quietly, plopping down on the couch. Niall followed suit seconds later, and the tutoring session began.

~*~

"And this is called an ionic bond. Salt is an ionic bond. Got it?" I finished, closing the textbook.

"YES!" Niall crowed, raising his arms up in the air. I laughed at his enthusiasm, and I know he wasn't lying. Niall really is a fast learner.

"So, what do you wanna do now?" I asked innocently.

Niall smirked. "How about-" He got cut off by my phone, which was blasting out S&M by Rihanna. I glared accusingly at Niall, who stuck his tongue out at me. Rolling my eyes, I pulled out my phone, frowning at the caller ID.

"What the...?" I murmured, shocked.

"What's wrong?" Niall poked my shoulder. But I didn't answer him, just stood up and walked to the other room. Taking a deep breath, I tapped the green button, and grudgingly pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hello, Lewis?"

And there's the first blow.

"It's Louis, Dad," I forced out through gritted teeth.

"Uh, sure. Sorry. So, how've you been son? How's life in Scotland?"

"It's been great, wonderful even. Ever since I got away from you people, sorry not sorry," I said, not holding back. Why should I? "And by the way, I'm not in Scotland, but why would you care to know?"

"Uh..." For once, Dad was at a loss for words. Maybe, 'cos this was the first time I had ever talked back to him.

"So," I prompted. "Why are you calling me? You never actually call me to ask how my day went, so why now?"

"That's enough Louis, tone down the sarcasm," Dad warned in his voice, the same voice that I was so scared of before, but now, it only made me snort.

"Okay sure," I rolled my eyes.

Dad sighed at the other end. "Look, I just called, 'cos, I... uh, wanted to make amends," Dad admitted.

"What?" I asked slowly, trying to make sense of his words. Make amends? Make amends for keeping me caged up for 20 years of my life? For making me believe that I was a freak?