Chapter Three

NIALL'S POV

I was busy brewing a usual drink for one of our usual customers, when I heard Zayn and Val whispering to each other at the front counter, not-so-discreetly.

"Is that the new customer from that day?" Zayn asked Val, who giggled in response. My eyebrows raised. Were they talking about Louis?

"Zayn, that's Niall's boyfriend!"

"What?! When did that happen?" Zayn laughed, and I decided that now was the time to cut in. Placing the drink on the ordering counter, I turned to my friends.

"No, I don't have a boyfriend guys, he's just a friend!" I huffed, shooting Val a glare, who stuck her tongue out in response. Shaking my head, I turned to the customer and took their order.

After I was done with the latest order, "Where is Louis anyway?" I asked no one in particular, looking around the shop.

"He left for a while, seeing as you were busy. Isn't that adorable, he only wanted you to serve him!" Val cooed, making kissy faces at me, Zayn joining in soon after.

"That's not true! He-"

"Aww! He's in denial!" Zayn snickered.

"Shut up Malik! You worry about your Harry problems!"

Zayn raised his hands up in surrender, but he was still smirking. "Defensive, ooh!"

"Bugger off guys! That's only 'cos I know his usual order."

"My point exactly," Valerie smirked.

"You're making no sense," I pointed out. She shrugged, then a teasing grin suddenly formed on her face.

"Here comes your customer! And there goes my shift. Have fun Nialler! See you later boys!" Before I could ruffle her hair, she had already ducked and fled to the back room, laughing all the way.

I looked up and met the blue-grey eyes of Louis. "Hey," he smiled sweetly, leaning against the counter. He was acting a bit more confident as compared to yesterday, I noticed.

"Hey to you too," I grinned at him. "The usual?"

Louis pretended to think. "Yeah, sure."

With a smile, I turned back around to the counter and fixed his cappuchino. Rolling my eyes at Zayn who was continually smirking at me, I set Louis' order down on the counter after I was done, and he handed over the cash.

"So, have you explored Mullingar yet?" I asked him.

Louis shook his head. "Not really. I've been busy setting up my apartment."

I nodded. "Understandable. How about I show you around then? All my favorite spots?" I offered hopefully.

"He has a lot of favorite spots," Zayn interjected, grinning mischievously.

Louis frowned. "Um."

"This is my idiot best friend, Zayn," I introduced the two boys, and Zayn mock-saluted Louis who weakly smiled back and mumbled a shy "Hi."

"So, you up for the mini tour?"

A light smile formed on the beanie clad boy's face. "That's so sweet of you. I'd like that."

I beamed at him. "Great!"

"We're going now?" Louis asked, still smiling. I shook my head.

"Oh no Mr. Smart University Guy! Unlike you, I've to go to college. So after that, yeah. How about we meet at the Old Bridge after two?"