Chapter Twelve

LOUIS' POV

Alright. Okay. So in an hour, I had to be at the Mullingar College, for my first ever job interview. I sipped some coffee to calm my nerves, taking a whiff of my drink and staring out the coffee shop window.

"You'll do great Lou," I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder, and looked up at Niall with a smile. He retrieved his hand from my shoulder and sat down in the booth, opposite to me.

"I sure hope so, I mean I've no idea how I'll have to be as a teacher!" I fretted, rapping my knuckle against the wooden table.

"Sure you do! You teach me, don't you? And judging by that, I can safely say that you'll be a kick-ass teacher!" Niall crowed, and I playfully glared at him 'cos of his language use.

"I know, but it's different. And the kids I'll be teaching will be teenagers or older, not more than an year younger than me!" I wailed.

Niall rolled his eyes. "Different, how exactly? I'm also a teenager. Well... I will be until a week."

I grinned. Niall's birthday was in a week, and of course he was throwing a party and of course he had invited me. But I was a bit nervous, that I was going to be around people. Would I even fit in with Niall's friends?

I decided to not worry about that now. A more important matter laid ahead. My job.

Niall took my hand in his and squeezed lightly. "Don't worry. "You'll do great. And you sure as hell would make a hot teacher," Niall murmured and I blushed, lightly swatting at his arm. "And it sucks I can't come in with you. But I'll meet you outside the office, as soon as your interview is over. Alright, Kitty Lou?"

I nodded, smiling lightly. "Alrightly, Nialler. Thanks." Niall kissed my cheek, and went back behind the counter to continue his morning shift.

I got out of the booth and disposed the cup, smoothing out my button up shirt and hiking my bag up my shoulder. Waving to Niall, I got walked out of the shop and into the sunny weather, beginning the fifteen minute walk to Mullingar College. This town really is tiny.

~*~

"Good Morning, Mr. Tomlinson," Mr. Anderson greeted me as soon as I was given the okay to enter his office by the receptionist.

"Hello, Mr. Anderson," I greeted him back slowly, sitting down in the leather chair in front of his desk, that he had gestured at.

He pulled up some papers and shuffled them. "So, one of my students, Niall Horan, informed me that you were interested in the position of a Drama teacher?"

"Uh, yes."

"That's good. And your qualifications are fit for the job, but Louis," Mr. Anderson said, and leaned forward in his desk. "How much experience do you have in teaching?"

I gulped, biting my lip. "None, sir. This will be my first ever job as I just got out of UNI," I half-lied.

Mr. Anderson nodded in understanding. "First ever job, huh? And Louis, you must know that we don't take in teachers below the age of 23."

I nodded, pouting a bit. I knew it. It was too good to be true.

"But, I am willing to make an exception for you. Your astounding qualifications in Drama have swayed me Mr. Tomlinson, and also, you have that charisma, that manner, that can be seen in a Drama teacher, so," Mr. Anderson paused.

I grinned. "So, you're offering me the job?"

"Not so fast, Mr. Tomlinson. I'm offering you a ten day's internship. In these ten days, all of us- the staff- will observe your teaching methods, and if we deem them correct, the job will be yours."