Chapter Eight

LOUIS' POV

I was standing at the Old Bridge like I did every morning, my arms propped up on the railing, just admiring nature with a cup of warm coffee made by a very cute boy in my hands.

I sipped my coffee slowly, savoring the taste. I was really bored today, and that was unusual. I missed Niall already, even if I had seen him about an hour ago.

The truth was, I was actually counting down the hours till I had to tutor Niall. I was excited, yeah! It'll be fun to actually do something with my time and help out my friend too.

But, why is the thought of spending alone time with Niall making my heart beat faster? I put my hand on my chest. I had read one too many times in those cheesy romantic books, that the character's heart starts beating faster just at the thought of their 'special someone'.

But, Niall is not my special someone... right? He's my friend, right? But somehow, I think I don't want him to be just my friend anymore. He's just so caring and nice to me, he's the first person that knows what I am and still thinks I'm not a freak. He builds up my confidence.

I'm confused. Is Niall my special someone? I groaned and put my head in my hands. I may be educated to UNI level, but these things, you only get to learn among other people.

I drained my coffee and shook away my thoughts about Niall. He's my friend, and I shouldn't think of him like that. Is it even okay for me to have a boy as my special someone? In all the books I've reads, there are always girls and boys together.

So of course, Niall will find a girl, I'm not for him.

I really don't know why, but I instantly felt my mood sink, and all I wanted was to go home, and curl up in my bed with some tea.

So, I finally turned away from the bridge, and walked to my apartment.

~*~

"Knock knock!" I heard Niall cheerfully call out from the other side of the door. I laughed at his silliness, and got up to open the door for him.

"Ready to make me like Chemistry?" Niall asked cheekily, setting down his shoulder bag on the couch.

"Oh, don't worry. I'll make you love Chemistry," I smirked, leaning closer to him. Niall gulped, then looked away, awkwardly plopping down on the couch. I sighed lightly. What am I doing flirting with Niall? I am not good at flirting and he is certainly not interested in me.

"Alright then, let's start!" I grinned, and picked up the textbook. I skimmed through the pages. Hm, easy! I've studied all of this before.

"Okay, so chemical bonding," I started, and Niall emitted a groan.

"Now, now Mr. Horan," I chastised him playfully. "That's not the attitude we want now, do we?"

Niall's eyes widened comically as he turned to me. "Holy shit, you actually sound like a real teacher!"

"Language, Mr. Horan!"

"See what I mean?" he smirked. I blushed. "Er, yeah. I've always wanted to be a teacher, you know. It feels nice, that I'm actually doing some good for other people by helping them learn," I admitted.

Niall was smiling at me. "That's really cool, Lou. You want to be a Chemistry teacher?"

I wrinkled my nose. "Not exactly. As much as I love Chemistry, I want to be a drama teacher more. I love acting. When you play a character, play a different role, you can be anyone you like. It's liberating."

"Whoa, I like this philosophical Louis!"

I swatted at his arm. "Shut up! Now, on to Chemistry!" Niall groaned again and I just smirked.

~*~

"I actually get it now, whoa! Louis, you are an even better teacher than Mr. Donell!"

I blushed. "I guess. You're just a good learner?" It came out as a question.

"Nah, I still think yer a good teacher," Niall winked at me. My blush got deeper. Niall winked at me in a flirty way, or just in a friendly way? God, my head hurts!

"What are you thinking so hard, Lou?" Niall asked softly, setting the textbook down.

"Uh," I mumbled, blushing deeper.

"What?" Niall smirked playfully, leaning closer to examine my face.

"You're blushing!" he remarked, lifting his hand up and brushing it across my cheek. The simple action made my heart beat twice as fast and I gulped. Why is he affecting me like this all of a sudden? Ever since I thought Niall could be my special someone. But he can't be!

Niall placed the fingers of his other hand under my chin, lifting my head up to look into his eyes. He didn't say anything, just started to lean closer.

This is just like the movies! Is he going to kiss me?!

Do I want him to kiss me, oh God?

But why is he going to kiss me?

Does that mean that he-

Niall lightly placed his lips on mine, and I swear I felt some weird current pass through my whole body, making my lips tingle.

Niall was kissing me slowly, hesitantly. He was afraid? Why? I'll just think about that later. I threw all of my thoughts, questions and worries out the window and hooked an arm around Niall's neck, pulling him closer and pressing my lips firmly to his.

I sighed blissfully into the kiss. Our lips were moving in perfect sync, and this felt so right and so good. I felt like I'd done this a hundred times, even if this was my first kiss.

We only broke away for air, breathing heavily, foreheads pressed together.

"Niall, that was-"

"I-I have t' go," Niall mumbled, gathering his textbooks without making eye contact.

"Wait, Niall!" I called out to him, as he had already walked to the door.

"I'll- we'll talk later, yeah. Okay, uh." And he slammed the door shut behind him.

I slipped deeper into the couch, lost in thoughts. I put my fingers on my still tingling lips, and a smile involuntarily formed on my lips.

The kiss was so perfect! But why was Niall so nervous after kissing me? Was he mad at me?

If he didn't feel that way about me, then why did he kiss me?

My heart dropped. He doesn't want to see me. Does he hate me now, then?

Thoughts clouded my head with confusion once again, and I groaned. I'll talk to Niall tomorrow, but I think he needs space right now.

~*~

NOUIS KISSED! ^o^

The pic on the side, I just died. (that rhymed! :P) >>>

**Next update after 28 votes, 8 comments and 170 reads.**

Preview of the next chapter: They talk, yeah? :P

~bemycupcake <3