Chapter Fourteen

LOUIS' POV

I was at Niall's party right now, and I was mildly shocked. Why? 'Cos I was thinking it was going to be one of those nice house parties with a few selected guests, but no. This party looked like Niall had invited his whole college!

I slipped past people awkwardly, while unsuccessfully trying to spot Niall through the sweaty crowd. Finally, I did see a head of blonde hair, standing next to a tiny brunette, a red haired guy and Zayn, who was drinking something.

I noticed Niall was talking to his friends, but every few seconds or so, he would crane his neck and look around the crowd, then check his cell.

I'd texted Niall that I was outside his house a few minutes ago, so maybe he was looking for me?

And when he finally spotted me, his face stretched into that adorable grin of his, that made my stomach twist in the best ways.

Niall quickly bounded over to me, circling his arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. I laughed, ruffling his bleached hair. He was acting like a cat right now, and coming from me, that's saying something.

"Missed me?" I chuckled.

"Very." Niall murmured against my neck.

I pulled back a bit and locked my eyes with my boyfriend's electric blue ones. "Happy 20th birthday, babe."

Niall didn't reply, just leaned in and gave me a kiss; short but sweet, that made me grin like an idiot. Niall pulled back, his expression matching mine, and he entwined our fingers, leading me to where his friends were standing.

"Lou, this is Val," Niall gestured to the tiny brunette who waved at me enthusiastically, "that's her boyfriend Ed, and you already know my other best friend, Zayn."

"Hey!" Val slapped Niall's arm. "This idiot is not my boyfriend," she mumbled, but you could easily see she was blushing.

"Yet," Ed added cheekily, to which Val elbowed him and Zayn snickered. Niall rolled his eyes. "Guys, this is Louis, my adorable boyfriend."

I blushed at Niall's words, and at his friend's gazes that were now focused on me. Zayn smirked. "Of course. We've met before."

Ed held his hand out, which I shook.

Niall pulled his hand out of mine, and wrapped an arm around my waist instead. I turned to him. "Well, this is quite a rambunctious party..."

Niall snorted. "Uh, yeah. Blame Zayn, the patry animal," Niall stated, to which Zayn mock saluted. "He slipped up about it in front of a few guys in college, and then word spread around and people keep coming. But of course, no one will bring a gift," Niall snorted, and I chuckled.

"But eh," he shrugged. "They're not gettin' any free food then, either."

~*~

Niall's party thankfully died down after a while, after people were drunk off whatever stuff they'd brought with him. Zayn and Ed had started a game of truth and dare, and I made the brilliant decision to stay out of it.

Zayn had become a bit sulky, and Niall guessed it was 'cos the Harry guy hadn't shown up.

Niall had finally called his big brother, who had brought a few friends of his along with him, who forcefully made the guests who were unwilling to leave, leave.

I had gotten along well with most of Niall's friends, and that thought made me happy. It wasn't that hard talking to new people, and today made me realize, that I was no different from them, even if I wasn't born completely human. I did fit in, no matter what my family had said.

"So, did you have fun?" I asked Niall after his party. We were sitting on the couch is the spacious living room, and now with all the people gone, I fully admired his house. It was quite homey. Spacious, but homey.

Niall smiled preciously. "Yeah, I guess. Mostly 'cos you were here with me. Cheesy, but it's the truth."

"Aww!" I cooed, burying my face in the crook of Niall's neck, and snuggling into his side. He chuckled, passing an arm around my shoulders.

"Hey," Niall whispered a while later. I unwillingly opened my eyes, and lifted my head up from Niall's shoulder, looking at him.

"Let's go up, yeah?" Niall asked, and I nodded. he led me upstairs to his room.

"Where are your parents?"

"Huh? Oh, they're at a friend's. So that I could have my party. They're really cool about it."

I didn't say anything, just smiled. Niall's parents sound really amazing. I hope I get to meet them some day.

When we entered Niall's room, and as I looked around, a smile formed on my lips. Niall's room completely reflected him; messy, but beautiful. One side of the room had a glass door, which led to a balcony.

And the adjacent wall was covered with thousands of football and derby posters. Ooh, a sports fan.

And also a LOT of posters of a boy singer... or maybe he was a girl? Not sure.

"Like what you see?" Niall asked from behind me, chuckling.

I looked him up and down, and smirked. "Very."

Niall blushed, then rolled his eyes. He then seized my hand and led me towards his balcony.

We just stood there for a while, next to each other, enjoying the silence and the summer breeze. I looked up at the stars, sighing softly.

I decided that now was a good time, so I pulled Niall's gift out of my pocket, and taking his hand in mine, placed it in his upturned palm.

"Whoa, it's pretty. What does it mean though?" Niall asked softly.

"It's one half of an infinity necklace, I have the other half," I pulled the identical necklace from under my shirt and showed it to him.

"It's an infinity necklace, so you can guess why I gave it to you," I told Niall, who was lightly smiling at me.

"A maid of mine, Lacey, who was like a mother to me, gave me these. She told me to keep one half, and give the other half to someone. But only give it to the someone, who I know is the one. And Niall, I feel like you're the one. And I hope I'm yours too."

Niall looked away, biting his lip, and I felt my heart sink. He squeezed the necklace in his hand, then looked up at me with glassy eyes, holding out the necklace and gesturing to his neck. I wordlesly took the necklace and fastened it around his neck, brushing my fingers over the soft skin.

"You are the one, Louis. I know it," Niall murmured softly as he played with the infinity necklace now resting on his chest, a light smile on his lips.

"That's good to hear," I breathed out.

Niall rolled his eyes, and pulled me closer. "What were you thinking right now?"

I looked down. "I was thinking that, you would say you don't feel the same way, and I'd understand, 'cos I'm not really perfect-"

"And that's what makes you so perfect, Kitty Lou," Niall cupped my face in his warm hands. "And it doesn't matter if you're not like the rest, you're unique. And that's a good thing. You're beautiful, just the way you are."

"You're amazing," I croaked, joining our lips together. I felt Niall smile into the kiss, and he pulled back.

"Best birthday ever," he murmured against my lips, then kissed me again, under the starry sky. Just like in the romantic books I've read.

~*~

Sigh, they're so adorable.

**Next update after 40 votes, 8 comments and 190 reads**

Preview of the next chapter: Nouis date. :3

Note: This is a 100% fluffy book, so there will be like, no drama at all. Just adorable Nouis fluff. So that you can always read this book when you're feeling down.. :')

~bemycupcake <3