Chapter Four

LOUIS' POV

We were walking towards the warm water now, for a swim as I had suggested. I still held onto Niall's hand, because it was comforting.

I like Niall. He is the first friend I've ever made apart from my family and my tutor. I don't have any experience with friendships but I do know this much, Niall would make a trust-worthy friend.

But still, I'm not sure if I can tell him about my secret yet. About who I am. I realy don't want to scare away my first and only friend.

"You okay, Lou?" Niall asked me as we were walking on the dock, and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Lou?" I raised an eyebrow at the nickname.

Niall blushed cutely. "Um, yeah. It just slipped out. It's, I-"

"I like it, Ni." I grinned at him, and he smiled back, his cheeks still a bit pink.

Niall finally let go of my hand, when we reached the edge of the dock. The crystal blue water was shimmering in the sunlight, and it looked deliciously warm.

Niall started to undress, taking his shoes off, then pulling his shirt off. My eyes involuntarily fixed on his body in awe. I had never seen a real boy shirtless before, only on TV. And I only had sisters, and no brother.

His skin was so pale, and his stomach was a bit firm. Without thinking twice, I reached out and touched Niall's stomach, causing him to collapse on the floor.

My face drained of color. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry! I didn't know that could happen?! Are you okay?"

Niall was still lying on the dock, giggling slightly. "Nah, I'm extremely ticklish. It's really annoying sometimes."

"Oh," I nodded in understanding, then a devious grin spread on my face. Niall noticed it and his eyes widened.

"Oh no! Oh no, no!" He raised his palm in front of him to defend himself, and I took a menacing step forward, fingers reached out teasingly.

"Nope!" Niall exclaimed, and jumped into the water. He popped up a few seconds later, his blonde-brown hair stuck to his forehead. He stuck his tongue out at me and I returned the childish gesture.

"Come on in Lou!" I nodded slightly, bending down and testing the water. It was perfectly warm, just like I thought. I nervously pulled my shirt over my head and tossed it along with Niall's clothes, slipped out of my converses, and shimmied out of my jeans.

"Okay, I'm coming in!" I yelled. Niall popped up yet again, and frowned. "Aren't you gonna take that beanie off?"

I paled. My hands unconsciously went to the beanie tugged over my head, that I never ever took off in front of anybody.

"Uh, I-I don't... want to...uh, get my hair wet!"

Niall raised an eyebrow, not believing my lie. "Oh, really? Well you're hair is gonna get wet either way, along with your beanie."

I gulped. "I-I'm still keeping it on," I spoke firmly, and slipped in the dock into the water. It was warm, and it felt amazing on my half-naked body. Niall swam closer to me, and before I could react, he had his hands on my bare shoulders, and had dunked me into the water.

I resurfaced, coughing a bit. "You're so going to pay for that!" I shouted at Niall, who had already swam a a few feet away, and was laughing.

With lightning speed, I stroked through the water, and reaching Niall, dunked his head in. But before I could swim away, Niall had grabbed my arm and pulled me in with him.

We both came obove, spitting out water. "Not fair!" I pouted and Niall just flicked my nose. I wrinkled my nose when he did that.

"Aww, you're just too adorable!" Niall cooed and I blushed. "So are you!" I laughed, trying to dunk him, but yet again failing.

"Nuh-uh!" Niall protested. "I'm manly!"

"Nope! You're a cutie!" I cooed, pinching his cheeks. He slapped my hand on his cheek and held it there. I smiled at him, but he wasn't smiling back. Niall had an odd expression on his face and he was slightly leaning in. And before I could blink, he had reached up and ripped my beanie off my head.

"Aha!" Niall exclaimed, holding my soaked beanie over his head. "Now that wasn't too bad, was it?" he asked, smiling.

But I was panicking. Hurriedly, I ran my hands on the top of my head, sighing in relief when I felt my cat ears were wet, and stuck to my head along with my hair.

Nonetheless, I tried to snatch away my beanie, but Niall held it away. "Why do you always wear this Lou?" he asked, genuinely curious. I sighed. Should I tell him? Will he call me a freak too?

"O-oh my God, what are those on your head!" Niall stuttered, his suprised eyes no doubt fixed on my light brown cat ears, that I'm sure were poking up right now due to my worry.

He thinks I'm a freak too now, doesn't he? Just like my family does? I can see it on his face. My father told me how people would react to me, if they ever see my ears. He was right, I would never fit in.

So much for having a friend. I felt a tear slip down my cheek. Why can't I ever be normal?

I won't be sent me back to my family, right? I don't want to be caged up in that house again.

~*~

Sorry for the short chapter.  

But, woo! Louis' part cat! That was a surprise! Not.

But now Niall knows! And poor Lou! Hope to God Niall doesn't freak out on him. He's the first person who has ever seen Louis' ears, so a lot depends on his reaction.

Vote if you wanna know how Niall reacts.

**Next update after 18 votes, 5 comments and 70 reads.**

Preview of the next chapter: Niall's reaction to Louis and Louis' back story maybe? :)

~bemycupcake xx