II

Author's Note:

Sorry for the lack of updating!!! I've been busy with exams and studying ughh.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter of When I Was Married Into the Mafia

Yours Truly,

~ Elly

~

Desidero was not who I expected to see, let alone meet. I assumed he was a forty year old man but he was the opposite. He seemed around my age, 22, having ashy brown hair, grey coloured eyes that were almost white, tan skin but more on the pale side, sunken cheekbones and the most slick jaw that looks like it could shatter if someone was to like touch it!

"Desidero. What are you doing here?"

He chuckled. His large chest lifted high as he deeply breathes and let go. It he was my age, he was a freaking bulky man.

"Your brother-in-law has a very kind heart. I didn't want to see him die. Not only that. He's my cousin."

Alessandro is the capa famiglia's cousin??

"Surprised huh? That's why I have been more than charitable to him and his now family."

He smirked. I couldn't believe him.

"So basically you lied to me? About financial ties being cut off??"

I didn't care I yelled at the top of my lungs. I didn't care that this asshole could kill me. This son of a bitch lied to me. He chuckled.

"Yes. Because your brother-in-law couldn't stop talking about you and your sister. Honestly, I would have told your sister the same thing and hired her if she asked."

I punched him. He didn't seem affected by it. In fact, he just laughed...My hands couldn't have hurt if it was the jock of college but this hurt! I even took a course in martial arts and all forms of boxing and yet he still didn't get affected.

"That's why I want you to work for me. You don't give one shit who I am. You are a determined young woman who works hard for something even if it bores you. You took nursing studies for three months and hated it but you did it for your sister and Bonavento."

My eyes widen.

"How-"

"Your counsellor. She's my sister. I hired her to be the counsellor at the school to monitor you because I needed to protect you. Your family was killed because my father and I am taking guilt from him because my father's an asshole who didn't do shit about your family."

"You're her brother? The overprotective little numbskull?"

He smirked and nodded.

"Isabella, I'm young too. I never found my passion in anything til my father made me capa famiglia after your family died,"

I didn't cry ever when someone mentioned their death. After a month crying I just gave uup and put my life in protected my sister and her child. That's why I didn't react whenever Desidero mentioned their death. I didn't react to anything unless it had to do something about my sister, Ven or my brother-in-law.

"my passion is to protect my family."

We came to a stop. I didn't even realise. I wonder who his family was but why didn't he say to protect the mafia. Unless it was the Italian mafia thing where they call their mafia family, but whatever. We arrived at a very tall building which I believed was the office. Desidero exits the limo but I hesitate. What am I doing here? Far out I have to do this. I was about to open the door when one of Desidero's bodyguards opens it and holds out his hand. I hesitated and was about to leave but then he spoke,

"Please Ms, I don't want to be punished."

After he whispered that I grabbed his hand and got myself out and let go.

"Jackson, she's an employee. You don't have to be formal."

"Well, at least I can put a name to the face, hi Jackson I'm Isabella."

"Oh my goodness, Des you should have said something sooner!!" He cheered as he slapped Desidero on the back.

"Jackson. Serious mode now."

He stiffened and saluted which got me to laugh. Desidero rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, yeah! I'm Jackson. What made you want to join the mafia?"

Before I answered, Desidero threw a concerned death stare. I assumed he didn't want everyone to know that he was a sucker for his family.

"Jackson! Isabella! Enough chit chat. Let's go."

Jackson and I chuckled at his growl and followed Desidero into the skyscraper.

"Welcome to Donato Industries. It is my humble abode of an establishment and hotel holding twenty rooms in each floor with one hundred floors above. The casino is on the next floor down of the lobby and the next three floors down is our family's working and living quarters. I'll have someone lead you to your room."

Desidero guides me towards to a bar and tells me to stay put. More like commands me to sit! I'm about to snap a remark but he orders me a drink.

"Here. Simple apple martini."

He leaves with Jackson by his side and I turn to the bartender.

"Does this have alcohol?"

"Generally it does but I assumed you didn't want any."

"Thanks, what's your name?"

"I'm not supposed to be talking to guests. My apologies."

"Oh no! I'm starting to work here! I'm Isabella."

I take out my hand and see him hesitating but grabs it shaking it strongly.

"Jordan."

"How long have you been working here?"

"Five years. I was terrified at first but you get used to it."

I nodded and continued my conversation with Jordan whilst drinking my apple martini.

Anonymous' POV

She looks beautiful. She dressed like a typical schoolgirl but on the softer side. She wore white tennis shoes with knee high socks accentuating her long legs; her beige and brown plaid skirt that drapes down to mid thigh on her dark olive skin; she wore a white blouse with a pink sweater; her hair is a light honey brown hair but you can notice the black roots which made me imagine her with black hair being naturally curled floating down on her shoulders. She is a magnificent creature that I could see. I walk towards her and stand clear of her vision making me gaze at her eyes. They looked brown but when she glanced around the area I was, her eyes turned to a dark violet colour. Forget magnificent. She was mystical and beautiful. This creature was chatting away with Jordan, smiling and laughing. I sound like a stalker but her laugh was melodic making her smile more enchanting to see. What am I saying. I'm already falling in love with her. Who is she? What is she doing here? Wait. She must be the girl Desidero explained that is replacing Alessandro. He was a good guy. Thank goodness we let him back. She must be Isabella! That's it. I'm in love with her. If she is who her brother-in-law says she it, then I want her.

~

"Jordan."

"Bella, you already drank five apple martini's and asked three of them with alcohol. I think I'm going to call the boss to get you."

"No!!! Don't be a party pooper."

I chuckle. She's drunk out of her mind and it looks like she's about to pass-

*thud*

...out.