XIV

A/N: I'm very sorry for the lack of updating on this story, I have been lazy tbh to type it up before hahhaa, but I'm still writing and will still upload :D

Anyways, enjoy my little penguins :3

~

I walk to my old room. I see the doors smashed open but my room seemed...clean. They must of thought I still wanted to be here. Well since my lifelong friend betrayed me here, everyone I loved was in danger here; I don't think so.

"Bella."

This voice. Always makes my heart flutter. Alvise. He comes out of my bathroom in a white long sleeve and black trousers. Less businessman, more laid back.

"Alvise."

I looked for cameras in my room in case it was dangerous or Desidero was watching me.

"Don't worry. We may cater your safety but we don't invade your privacy."

I ran into his arms. Warm and comforting.

"It's still not safe though," he whispered into my hair. The closeness of his breathe to me made my knees buck.

This man. He pulled away from me and straightened his clothes.

"Remember what Dr Crane said?"

I nodded. I shall meet you in our safehaven.

"You need to rest, so I will pack your belongings and send them to your new room."

"Thank you Alvise. I'll leave you to it."

At the safehaven...

During the three weeks of deciding to stay in the mafia, Alvise and I would retreat to this forest near the hotel. Surprisingly, the forest was here for the mafia to dispose and torture their victims but there was one area that was kept clean by Alvise. Our safehaven. This was where we would hang out and tease each other. There is a lake where I stripped down in my underwear, as did he and we were having fun. We unfortunately didn't kiss but it grew our relationship? Is that the word?

I walk closer to the lake, take off my shoes and dip my feet in.

"Bella."

I turn around with questions and confessions to him.

"Alvise."

We both walk up to each other. My heart is beating. Will he tell me everything? Will he reveal why I'm a target? His eyes. The same coffee brown eyes I saw when I woke up in the hospital. The sad lost boy.

"God Bella, I missed you."

My heart. Beating faster, like the sound of rotating doors of a busy building, clicking faster and faster. I couldn't resist. I grabbed his face and pulled it to mine. It was hen, at the moment of revealing who I am to the mafia, to Desidero, I kissed Alvise, in which revealed who I was to him, the forbidden girl he fell in love with as I fell in love with him.

"Bella before I say anything-"

"I love you Alvise. I fell in love with you for the three weeks of being a waitress. I fell in love with you when you showed me this place, took care of me and waited for me in the hospital to wake up from the coma. I love you."

And there was the smile I would love to see every single day. The smile he gives when he genuinely feels happy. The smile, I realised, he only gives to me.

"Well before you interrupted me, I was going to say, don't fall in love with me, because I'm a monster. My past isn't sunshine and rainbows. It's-"

"Dark and I've done something bad, blah blah."

"You just love interrupting me don't you?"

I shrugged playfully.

"Alvise, you don't need to explain yourself. I know who you are. You are part of the mafia. Everyone with high importance probably has the dark past or the bright past. I don't care. I fell in love with you. Not past you or the capo bastone. Sure it turns me on when you get protective over me but I fell in love with you. Your hot and cold inferior that makes my heart jump and beat faster and faster."

Alvise smiled and shook his head.

"You are amazing, you know that? So many people would want to know the past before pursuing the future."

"I do. But the past shaped you not controlled you and I know I'm amazing."

I winked at him and smiled. What this man has done to me. When have I ever disregarded the past is a surprise to me. I always ask about the past of people. Knowing how they become who they are always intrigues me. But for some reason, I have no desire to know Alvise's past. Maybe the fear of being too dark, but that makes it even more interesting. I guess it has to do with the fact that, if he's scared of revealing this past, I don't want to trouble his emotions just for my curiosity.

"Bella, may I confess something?"

I nodded. His coffee brown eyes. It still holds fear and concern but it still holds our future. The future I wish we can have after everything is over.

"You still haven't opened the little box that Alessandro gave you."

He passed me the little black box wrapped with the same baby pink ribbon. I hid it in my hands, remembering how long ago it was since I joined the Mafia. Not that long but so much has happened. I undo the baby pink ribbon, open the box. It was a photo. One that I didn't know we had. A goofy photo of Alessa, Alessandro and Bonavento. It was when we were taking photos with Santa Claus for Bonavento's first Christmas.

"This was a great memory to reminisce. It seemed too long ago that this happened."

Alvise smiled at me.

"Do you want to sit? We still have two hours til Jackson checks up on you."

I nodded and walked towards the large willow tree we always lie under. Alvise told me, three generations of the Donato family, the woman who was betrothed to the family planted this tree. It was to symbolise the Donato's family slow growth for the future to prosper into a successful business and mafia. It was truly beautiful.

"Isabella Domasi. I really believe you should know why I hate Desidero and what his plans are with you. It is not fair if we fall in love and you don' know who I truly am."

I looked at him with much surprise.

"Yes Isabella Domasi. I love you."

At this point. I didn't know what was ahead of me. I didn't know that this night was going to change how I saw every single person involved, how I saw the dangers of being the person I am, how I understand Alvise's demeaning attitude towards everything.

I smiled at Alvise.

"I said it first."

~