XV

"Before I start, you need to read Alessandro's letter in that box."

I opened the scrunched but folded letter. The writing is very Alessandro; messy.

| Dear Isabella,

This will probably surprise you what I'm about to say but I really hope this won't change how you feel about me. Eventually, you'll find out the dangers of you joining the mafia but it will end the destruction that is between the Donati and Domasi family. You are a great factor that will end it. But the main thing I'm supposed to tell you about is how I was actually involved. I didn't join the mafia when your parents and other siblings died. In fact. The so called siblings were just protection for you and your sister. Your father allocated them so they could protect you both without you knowing you were part of the Mafia.

Basically, I was already part of the mafia before meeting your sister. My mission, under Desidero's orders was to win your sister's heart and kill you both at the right time. A week into being with your sister, I fell in love with her. I immediately ended my mission and only told Alvise, the capa bastone. Desidero still believes I'll eventually kill you both but I promise on Bonavento, Alessa and my life that I will never kill you. I confessed to Alessa about who I was that week but I am not a bad man. I never killed anyone or tortured anyone. I was only a waiter that Desidero wanted as his pawn. I love you guys very much. Please believe me.

I love you. I hope you are safe in the mafia. Good luck and do not. I repeat. DO NOT TRUST DESIDERO. You'll eventually find out why. Forgive me please.

Sincerely yours, Alessandro. |

I was speechless. Of course I forgive you Alessandro. You were always there for me.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Alvise swiped tears from my cheek. I wondered when I started crying.

"I am. I'm just surprised as all. I didn't think Alessandro had it in him."

"Yeah he was really worthless as a bodyguard and someone to torture unwanted people."

I flinched. He said it so casually. I understand his role and how he isn't a saint but wow. It's scary.

"Isabella. Why did you suddenly go silent?"

I looked up at him. He doesn't seem like he would murder someone. He's so kind and warm hearted.

"Please don't be scared of me now. I promise I won't hurt you."

"I know you won't Alvise. It just hit me the knowledge of you torturing and killing people. Innocent or not."

Alvise was staring me down.

"It just hit me how you and Desidero are every important people in this mafia, and how you hurt so many people-OW!!"

"Never say I have taken the lives of innocent people."

~

A/N:

OOOOOOOOOO WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!? Did Alvise hurt Isabella?

Find out ;)

Sorry this is a short chapter but I wanted to end on a cliffhanger ;P