VIII

Isabella's POV

Three weeks since the showdown happened. It was strange though, I went to apologise to Alvise and everything seemed normal. We teased maybe once in a while but it wasn't as aggressive. We started being civilised which made him even sweeter. Long story short, I'm starting to legitimately like Alvise. He apologised to Pierre, who by the way, has started working as a waiter to pick up hot chicks. Pierre wasn't a player but he was a desperate womaniser. I told Alvise that Pierre wasn't my boyfriend and to his relief, he was overjoyed. That was when I realised my interest and desire towards him. He was sweet to me after the incident but yesterday was strange. When he had to leave for a meeting overseas with the boss, he kissed my on the cheek! I felt so many emotions and butterflies erupting in my stomach and chest. God I miss Alvise. I stopped being Desidero's seamstress after the incident which humoured me as I did nothing for that role. He allocated me as an interrogator after my display of torturing Pierre. It made me more active in the mafia which I enjoyed but made me uncomfortable. To say the least, if the interrogated would not respond, they would end up to deal with other men. Either way I was relieved because I was getting fairly bored doing nothing.

I had a free night and the other week I discovered a dance studio. It's five doors away from my room allowing me to not travel so far after relaxing at work. On my way back to my room, Alessa calls. 

"Bella! How are you?"

"Evening Alessa, I'm going good, how about you guys?"

"We are going good! Isn't this Saturday you get to decide to live there or come back home?"

"Actually Alessa, I already decided. Will you and everyone come to the hotel on Saturday?"

"Oh! Of course! We can't wait to see you Isabella. I love you but I got to go, say goodbye to Ven."

"Bye Ven! I love you guys too!"

I miss them so much. Ven especially. Hearing him coo is always brings heartwarming comfort.

~

It was finally a day where I had off to meet up with my friends and actually was allowed to see them. I remember when I met up with them.

Three Days Ago...

"Alvise! You don't need to come!"

I was rushing, meeting up with my friends Tia and Sienna were not something I can be late for. The month of confinement here was killing me as I couldn't talk to my girlfriends.

"Why not? I need to protect you, I'm your bodyguard and since you are also meeting with your sister, I need to protect both of you. Don't you want me to meet your sister?"

Yes I lied. I wasn't allowed to see friends yet. How am I going to convince him to not come? Oh. I know.

"Alvise please let me go."

Waiting in the elevator. Again. I pushed stop. Again. At this point, I probably would have done this even if I wasn't meeting with my girlfriends. I'm way into Alvise to not take the chance to flirt with him and it's been a while since I have teased him. Alvise looks up to me after having a staring contest with his phone, gawking at me. Seriously? This whole time I've been getting ready and walking with him, he never realised that I was wearing a short black pencil skirt and a revealing white blouse? His stare makes me nervous, closing my thighs together as though he would ravish me in this elevator. Okay maybe it wasn't a good idea to wear this but nonetheless I have to meet my friends.