XI

Alvise's POV

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since I came back from Rome. Two weeks since I came back from a gun wound to my shoulder. Two weeks since Desidero decided to go further with the plan.

Two weeks since Bella has been in a coma.

"She's doing well."

I looked at Dr. Crane with misery and sadness. I look at Bella with love and despair. I look at myself with anger and disgust. I stifled a laugh at Dr. Crane's daily evaluation.

"She is. She has been like yesterday. And the day before that. And the day before that for the past two weeks. She's doing absolutely great."

I look down. I shouldn't have let Bella out with her friends at all. She's a target within all the mafia family's in South America. Fuck! She's already caught in the web. I'm the worst. Bella is definitely going to hate me.

"Sir I told you. The better she is, the more comfort she'll have when she wakes up. She should wake up some time."

I nodded. 

"Mi amor, please wake up. It's been too long."

I grab her hand. Being cliche with hope of her waking up from my touch.

She doesn't.

*beep, beep, beep*

Annoying heart monitor. At least I know she is still alive.

"Alvise."

I don't even want to turn around.

"How long have you been here?"

Fucking Desidero.

"You've been absent from my side for important business and you are wasting your time here waiting for a pointless girl to awaken."

Desidero walked to the other side of Isabella and stood thee. I can't believe I considered him as a brother.

"Remember. Once she wakes up, you'll be resigned and continue with your other duties."

I scoff. Shit.

"Something funny Alvaraz?"

"Nothing boss. It's just funny that your lying tone is somehow laced with concern. Yet you never visited Isabella the whole time she has been here."

"I care about Isabella Alvaraz. She's a great incentive to the mafia, especially with her intimidating interrogating skills. Well to everyone else besides me."

Isabella's POV

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

What's that sound?

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

What happened?

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

Why aren't I dead? I thought he gave me peace. I thought the men beat me to death.

*beep, beep*

*beep, beep*

*beep, beep*

Is that my heart? Why can't I open my eyes?

"Mi amor, please wake up. It's been too long."

Alvise? What's going on? I can't move.

"Alvise."

Who's...that's Desidero's voice.

"Isabella will be my wife."

What? I don't- what's going on?

*SLAM!*

"Isabella, I may have a fucked life but I swear you'll be free from Desidero's web. I want you though. I..."

I can feel. I grasp Alvise's hand as he held mind. I turn and open my eyes. I see a little boy crying whilst holding my hand. A lost boy. A lost man.

"Alvise."

A lost man who's coffee brown eyes looks up at me with happiness and relief.

~

A/N:

Awwwwww, I know, so romantic.

Hahaha just kidding. I probably should've prolonged Isabella's coma longer but I got bored! Isabella? Desidero's wife? Does that sound right? What's his plan?

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter of [When I Was Married Into the Mafia] and have a lovely day/night.

Love you my penguins!

Yours Truly,

Elly