Ch. 42: It's Called a Hug

**IZUMO'S POV**

Today was mail day.

The office was packed with people, there was a huge line that extended outside.

It was mostly filled with people that were anticipating mail from their parents that lived out of town, and especially out of the country.

This was a boarding  school after all, the students here only got to see their family on holidays if they didn't leave close enough for them to visit on weekends.

The only reason I came was for my subscription of fashion magazines.

I tried to convince myself that that was the only reason I came.

Today was my birthday. And even though I tried to tell myself that I was only here for my subscriptions, in the very back of my mind there was a small hope that maybe my family wanted to send me mail for the first time.

Send me a small gift with a letter maybe. I'd even be okay with a birthday card that they only signed.

As I walked to the campus post office I saw Alexander waiting in line.

He usually dressed very put together and neat but today he looked like he had just got out of bed.

His curly hair was sticking out in all sorts of places, he was still in his pajama pants and wearing flip flops and I frankly didn't even think he owned a pair.

He had his glasses on and was reading a book, turning the pages with one hand, the other hand resting in the pocket of his pajama pants.

As if he had eyes all around his head, he looked up and his eyes went straight in my direction.

I jumped and continued walking, hoping that he had enough sense not to call out.

"Kamiki?" He called.

I stopped.

Fuck.

I guess he didn't have as much sense as I thought he would.

I turned around and walked over to him. "Ah... hi... Alexander."

"Hello." He said pushing up his glasses. "Didn't think I'd see you here. Are you expecting anything from family?"

I paused and thought about gifts, birthday cards, anything I could possibly get from them.

"No." I said. "Just a magazine subscription is all. You?"

"Yes." He replied. "Rita said she'd send me some of her home-made cookies."

"Ah... And Oz and Bo didn't come? Doesn't Oscar send them anything?"

"Oh yes. Oscar sends them along with Chris and Machiko a monthly allowance. Bo and Oz said they'd trying to catch the one hour opening at four because they didn't feel like getting up this early. Though I'm not proud to say this I kind of hope they never get a chance to pick it up." Alex let out a laugh. "If you ask me, Oscar gives them more than what they actually need. Oz blows every penny she has on manga and Bo gambles with hers. They have way too much money for their own good."

"Sounds like it. Ah... Well I'm gonna go stand in line now. See you."

"See you."

Later on the line went down and I finally got inside.

I walked up to the front desk.

"Receiving mail today?" The lady asked.

"Um... y-yes..." I said. "Izumo Kamiki. ID number 23876."