Ch. 2: Prior to True Cross

~THEME SONG FOR WHITE EXORCIST: NEVER LOSE YOUR FLAMES BY ISSUES~

"Welp," I said standing up and stretching. I put my hand over my head and flipped my hair vigorously to get the water out of my bangs. "I'd better get home then. I'm soaking and I'm tired."

I shoved my hands in the pockets of my black trench coat and sauntered towards the road that lead home. Everyone had already left, including Nay-Lee and Asami but that was alright because I knew the way home from here.

"Wait," Rin said.

I turned around. "Yes?"

"Could... I come with you? I'm... not really in the mood to go back home just yet."

I was caught off guard by the question but I shrugged. "Let's go then."

He eagerly jumped up from where he sat and ran to my side.

When we got to my house I entered through the front door.

"Home!" I called out as I shut the door after Rin.

Nay-Lee appeared in the doorway of her room with a bowl of ice cream in her hand in an oversized T-shirt that was so long you couldn't even tell she wore boxer shorts underneath.

"I see you've gotten comfortable." I said to her as me and Rin took off our shoes.

A huge grin came onto her face. "Look at you, 'Screw the umbrella!' you said. Now you're soaking fucking wet." she looked me over sullenly. "What a shame. It was such a nice dress too."

"Asami wouldn't appreciate you using that language." I mocked.

I walked to my room with Rin at my heels. I shut the door behind us.

"Nothing all that special," I said. I went to my dresser and pulled out a grey T-shirt and red plaid boxer shorts from the top drawer. As I turned around I spotted Rin about to sit down on my bed.

"Wait!" I said.

He stopped, "What?"

"Are you crazy?! You're gonna get my bed all wet!"

"Nothing to bitch about," Rin said putting his hands up.

I sighed and went through my top drawer again. "You're lucky I sleep in baggy mens clothes." I said and tossed him a dark blue T-shirt and some large black Nike sweatpants.

"Thanks." he said catching them.

"I'll go change in the bathroom." I said. He nodded and I went to the bathroom across the hall.

I peeled off my soaking trench coat and dress and quickly slipped on the shirt and shorts, I didnt worry about wrapping my tail around my torso so I just let it hang out. I put my hair up in a pony tail and went back and knocked on the door on my room.

"You decent?" I asked through the door.

"Yep." Rin called. I opened the door just as he slipped on his shirt.

"Your man clothes dont smell all that manly." He said sniffing my shirt that I gave him.

"Oh? And what do they smell like?"

He pressed the shirt to his face and inhaled it deeply. "Like... perfume."

"Well I am a girl."

"Really?" He asked with sincerity.

"Funny guy." I said sarcastically.

"I thought perfume was suppose to be fruit scented. This just smells really sweet, like sugar."