Ch. 18: Say Yes To The Dress - Demon Bitch Edition

~SONG: RAIN STOPS GOODBYE (PIANO VERSION)~

**AIR'S POV**

As Rin and I walked the path that lead to our dorm building I looked up at the sky as I dragged my feet, kicking rocks off the rough ground. I shoved my hands in my skirt pockets the same way Rin had his hands shoved in the pockets of his pants.

"...Can't believe we have to go that stupid dance..." I mumbled. To be honest, at first I was pretty indifferent about the dance, but now that I'm being forced to go my defiant instincts are kicking in.

Rin shrugged. "Not like we have anything better to do." he said.

"I would have liked to do something better..." I said.

Rin snorted. "Like what?"

I thought for a moment. "...You." I said.

"EH?!?!?" Rin exclaimed as a touch of redness rose in his cheeks

The corner of my mouth went up in a half hearted smile. "I'm joking. It just seemed too easy to ignore."

"U-um... r-right." He said. After that we just walked in silence.

I felt something touch my wrist and flinched away only to see Rin attempting to hold my hand. He pulled his hand back in embarrassment and looked away.

"O-oh..." I said. "Sorry... I... I thought it was a fly or something... uhm... sorry..." I babbled.

"You said that already." Rin murmured, still not looking at me.

"R-right, sorry—" I wanted to slap myself in the face. I looked at Rin's dangling hand. I slightly shook as I took my hand out of my pocket and gingerly slipped it into Rin's hand. Me and Rin kept staring in opposite directions, not wanting to look each other in the eye.

Rin interlaced his fingers with mine and I tightened my grip on his hand after he did so. His relatively big hand encasing mine like a security blanket. Now Rin was looking straight ahead but I could see a look of comfort on his face. I looked away to hide the small smile that crept across my face that I tried so hard to keep in.

Kissing in private is one thing, but holding hands out here so casually... that's something that couples do. And we're not a couple.

But I like it.

We held hands the entire way to our dorm building. Once we got inside we spotted Nay-Lee heading to the kitchen.

"Hey Nay-Lee," I said. "Have you seen Manu or Kuro?"

"They're both on the roof top, they said they left school after lunch." Nay-Lee said. "I heard Yukio's forcing you guys to chaperone the dance."

I groaned. "Yeah..." I said with a sigh. "Unfortunately."

"It shouldn't be too bad! I'm going to the dance myself."

"You have a date?" I asked.

"I was asked a couple of times but I said no to all of them."

"Then why would you choose to go?"

"Why wouldn't I?!?!"

I gave her a confused look. "Is there something I'm missing here?"

"Apparently!" Nay-Lee said. "Are you completely ignoring the fact that Miku Hatsune is going be performing here?"

My eyes went wide. "Miku Hatsune?!? Is this some sort of sick joke?!"