Ch 17: Dreamer Is My Future Nightmare

"Yagami." I heard a someone say.

I opened my eyes to see I was in utter, grey, nothingness. The only thing I saw was a mysterious person in a cloak a few yards ahead of me.

"Who are you?" I asked. "And where am I?"

"They refer to me as Dreamer." The hooded figure said.

My eyes widened. Dreamer! "Mephisto talked about you!"

Dreamer nodded. "I'm quite famous in True Cross for using my... unique... ability to perform exorcisms."

"Ability...?"

"I manipulate dreams to whatever I want, however I want."

I snorted. "Wow, some ability." I said sarcastically.

"I'm here aren't I?"

"Wait... I'm dreaming right now?!?"

"Dreamer is a pretty self explanatory name."

"You communicate with people through dreams..." Is that it? That's a pretty lame ability.

"I'm not here for chatter." Dreamer said gravely. "You must serve atonement."

"Atonement? What the hell? For what?" I asked.

"I would've gone into Okumura-kun's dream too but it proved a bit difficult so I will only tell you alone." Dreamer in a serious manner. "You and Okumura have exploited yourselves as the Daughter of Lucifer and the Son of Satan. Even if it were only for a split second, your fellow classmates have seen you. I was assigned to watch over you two and I have witnessed it all."

"What—"

"I was ordered to wait and allow you to become your own downfall. But I'm afraid I must contravene. I am certain True Cross will immediately be informed of this and I want to be the one to execute the both of you and I most likely will be."

"M-Mephisto said—"

"I am fully aware of what Mephisto said. He is going to secure your safety by telling the Order that the two of you will be exceptional weapons and play an important role in contributing to the slaying of Lucifer and Satan, am I correct?" Dreamer said. "Let me tell you something, Ares Yagami; Daughter of Lucifer, I will do everything in my power to bring. you. down."

I was startled by the sudden threatening tone that Dreamer took on.

"I dont care what it takes, I will do everything I can to make True Cross think that you're just as evil as your fathers. And once your execution date is assigned, I will make sure that I am the one to slay you with my own hands. I dont care who kills the Son of Satan as long as he's dead. But you? Oh, I will certainly make sure that the only one to kill Ares Yagami will be none other than me."

"Do you have some sort of grudge against me?! And why do you want to kill us so bad!?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Dreamer said. "You're both demons. And I'm an exorcist. Its natural. And not only are you a demon, you are the Daughter of Lucifer and he is the Son of Satan. The two worst demons in this entire universe! Anyone of that blood is destined to die."

I balled up my fists. That was the case with everyone here! Just because of our dads! And it infuriates me!

"But the obsession with you only wanting to kill me?! What did I ever specifically do to you?!?!"

"I DON'T NEED TO JUSTIFY MYSELF TO THE LIKES OF YOU!!" Dreamer shouted angrily. I was taken aback by how sort of childish that the outburst came across as.