Chapter Two

Violet

The next day I'm on my way to lunch when my books are knocked out of my hands from out of nowhere.

"Nerd!" I don't bother searching for the person who did it. It pretty much happens at least twice a day at this point.

Yes, I am the school nerd.

I took up fighting my freshman year in high school after what happened to my father. When I was finally good enough to enter the fighting league and actually get money it was about hallway through my sophomore year. I decided that I needed to conceal my identity so that I wouldn't get accused of illegally wrestling, so I remained as the school nerd and haven't gotten into any fights with anyone from this school.

Until now.

I've been thinking about this all night. Now that Trevor knows I'm Lionrds he could definitely hold this over my head and blackmail me. Or worse, he could reveal my secret to the school.

But then again I could always rat him out too, we're both in a pretty bad position right now.

As I enter the cafeteria I immediately walk past the lunch line and take a spot next to my best friend and Mike's son, Miles. Yes, Mike is pretty old. Anyhow, besides Miles and Mike nobody else knows about my little secret.

"There she is!" Miles shouts and stands up before bowing down before me. "Miss kick ass fighting champing herself."

"In the flesh," I say as I flip my hair and make a show of blowing on my finger nails equally as exaggerated as him. But when I look up from my hand I notice someone staring at me and suddenly Trevor and I are having a stare down. It finally ends when one of his blonde bimbos latches onto his arm and pulls him off towards her table.

"What was that all about?" Miles asks standing up and snapping me back into reality.

"Trevor knows," I immediately tell him. I know I can trust him.

"Knows what?" He asks with wide eyes.

"It."

"You mean the it it?"

"Yes that it."

"Uh-oh."

"That's not it though," I say sighing. "Trevor is Knight."

"You mean the Knight?" Mikes asks with wide eyed. Knight has been like Miles' hero ever since his father let him go watch his first illegal fight. He was technically obsessed with me/Lioness too, and his dad introduced him to me while I didn't have my mask in and I guess he somehow recognized me. We've been best friends ever since. Which also means that he hates Trevor for bullying me.

"Yeah," I say. "We both ran into each other at the arena after the fight."

"Wait so..." I brace myself to hear him start whining about who his hero isn't who he thought he was, buy he surprises me by laughing. "So you mean to tell me that you totally kicked the ass of the guy who's been bullying you since kindergarten?"

I quickly look around to make sure no one is listening before looking back at him and giving him a very pointed look.

Before I can say anything to him, I'm suddenly being lifted off the ground an thrown over someone's shoulder. I squeal and mutter a string if curse words as Miles just sits there and stares at me like he wants to help me but also doesn't want to get beat up. Whoever is carrying me is now walking over towards the door that leads out if the cafeteria when I start flailing.

"Unhand me you fool!" I shout, not even caring about the questioning looks being thrown my way. Whoever is carrying me doesn't respond though. Once we're completely out of the cafeteria I use my leg to push up off the person's stomach and as I hear a faint 'oomph' his grip on my loosens and I immediately lunge forward, out of his grip, and gracefully barrel role across the floor. I stand up and turn around, fixing my glasses.

"That was pretty hot sweetheart," I look up to see Trevor standing there clutching his stomach in pain. Shit, I must have hit something close to the scar in his side. Oh well, his problem, not mine.

"Stop calling me that Kingston," I say crossing my arms and glaring at him. I'd never talked to him like this before but I guess since the secret is out I don't really have to act like a wuss in front of him anymore.

"Where is this new feistyneds coming from?" Trevor gasps and places a hand on his chest.

"What do you want?" I huff clutching my hands into fists.

"I want to make it cleat that if you ever tell anyone about me fighting," Trevor says suddenly serious. "I'll kick your ass."

"Kind of how I kicked yours last night?'

"No!" His eyes are flaring with anger and I watch in amusement as his face heats up. The Trevor Kingston has never blushed in front of my before. "Next time instead of choking you I might just break your neck, so watch your back Ramsey."

I glare at him a and he glares back at me for a long minute beofore turning around and walking down the hall. Well, that certainly could have gone better.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Short chapter, but don't worry. They'll get longer. I really hope you're all enjoying this story so far. Check out my other story, The Girl Who Stutters And The Boy Who Mutters. And of course any of my other stories. Love you all!!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan