Chapter 6

The party had vastly increased in size since the beginning of the game and was now pumping. There were people taking sloshes from red solo cups as far as the eye could see; the party no longer limited to Lauren's basement. Whilst the music in Lauren's basement area had drifted into more mellow sounds as the hipsters and stoners reserved the space, the main area inside the house had transformed into a psychedelic haven of teens and 20-somethings drugged up on hallucinogens, and the outside area had become a mass of bumping and grinding bodies keeping in time to generic club music.

An enormous swimming pool dominated the higher level of the backyard, the lawn area below filled with sweaty bodies. A foam pit in the jacuzzi on the large balcony above overlooked both the lawn area and the side area. Camila's mouth hung open as she ventured outside with a new drink in her hand. She knew that the Jauregui's were rich, but she had forgotten exactly how big their house and yard was. Her eyes bulged as she made her way down the steps to discover that there was a jumping castle and freaking mud wrestling pit jutting out at the other side of the almost mansion. Where she would once have been more reserved and cautious, in her more drunken state she was merely curious to see what more the green-eyed girl had to offer as entertainment.

There were people everywhere as Camila made her way through the crowd, swaying her hips awkwardly to the beat while she continued to sip away at the unknown drink. She had noticed the platforms setup on the grass earlier, but only once she approached could she see that there were strippers poles and cages set up on platforms that people could dance on. It was hard not to watch the sweaty girls and guys grinding away at each other and the poles, many with considerable skill. Camila found herself mesmerised by one particular girl, who was surrounded by several men staring as she performed a difficult routine on the pole. Every booty shake, body roll and sensual movement had Camila begging for more, her body electrified by the hypnotic movements.

She hadn't realised that her body was subconsciously mimicking some of the moves, until someone came up behind her to grind their stiff body into hers. She could tell it was some guy from the masculine scent that wafted into her nostrils and the hardened member pressed against her ass. She hastily jumped away, trying to move through the crowd as he made a grab for her waist. She had escaped him only to be met with the sight of the girl's spread legs in front of her face, as she gracefully rolled up the pole backwards.

Camila could no longer remember how to breathe as the girl's eyes landed on her own as she flung a leg around the pole and gyrated her hips in a fluid motion. Camila was practically a panting and drooling mess, her mind completely blank and her body reacting in all kinds of weird ways. She downed her cup in a couple of gulps as she watched on, another body quickly pulled up to join the first dancer on stage.

...

Lauren, meanwhile, had finally sorted the designated rooms out to keep the peace, and after popping a couple of pills in the kitchen she was ready to join the real party. She spotted Camila gazing about the setup in the backyard, but before she got the chance to catch up with the girl her phone was vibrating distractingly in her bra. After swiping for the call several times, she eventually answered, clearly now high off her ass.

"Heeeyyy! It's Lauren!" She slurred very slightly.

"Hey Laur, it's your girl Mani! I got the girlfriend here with me too, and y'know she spins like a boss!" Normani yelled into the phone over the pounding music on the front side of the house.

"Yo Lo-ren! DJ's in da HOUSE!!!" Lauren heard Dinah shout into Normani's phone. Lauren giggled at the enthusiastic girl on the other side of the line, meanwhile mixing several drinks into one lethal dose of booze.

Normani let out an exasperated sigh, "It's honestly like dating a 5 year old!"

"You loooove me though, doncha babe?!" Dinah cooed, as giggling and smooching could be heard across the line.

"Eeech!" Lauren scoffed playfully, "You guys make me sick!"

"Says the girl whose been moping over Cameeeela for the past 15 years!" Dinah cut in again. There was a bit of scuffling on the other end of the line, as Normani fought Dinah for dominance over her phone again.

"Sorry about that Laur!" Normani apologised breathlessly.

"Don't sweat it bruh! She's here. We're gonna happen. It's totally going to happen!" She couldn't keep the immense excitement from her voice as she bounced up and down like a love sick teenager.

"That's... great Laur." Normani said unconvinced. "That's real good for you. Just be careful, you know? I can't have my precious, sexy bff falling apart on me now!"

Lauren didn't catch her tone though, her mind preoccupied with the millions of potential scenarios running through her head.

"I've never wanted to hold someone else's hand as much as I wanna hold hers. She's like my guardian angel..." the girl mused, lost in her own world.

"Anyyyywayyy... as much fun as it is too listen to you high, my baby and I have a turntable to set up. We'll be spinning in 20 minutes, providing you've got the rest set up."

"Yeeep! Of course I do!" Lauren sang in adorable voice as she ground her body playfully to the music.

"Later gurl! Be careful."

"Loooove you so, so much Mani! Bye!!!" Lauren fumbled with getting her phone back in her pocket, before spinning around in a doped up daze.

Suddenly, someone had grabbed her and she found herself being swiftly dragged outside. She struggled, anxious panic overriding her high – or perhaps caused by it – trying to catch a proper glimpse of her assailant. After a minute or so of struggling, she was giggling in relief when she realised it was just Alexa all along – who had turned around to tell her to quit squirming. Stopping to dance, Lauren was left to freely grind along to the music once Alexa finally released her arm. They were amongst the crowd now, and the bodies started to almost feel claustrophobic to Lauren as they pressed into her from all sides. It was starting to stifle her; she needed air.

As her agitation and claustrophobia slowly mounted, she frantically searched through the sea of bodies for an escape route or a way out. It didn't take long for her eyes to settle on the closest stage, where there was plenty of room; enough for her to get some air. She hastily danced her way towards it, only noticing the sole dancer that had grabbed so many people's attention at the last five metres. The crowd was thick trying to reach the stage and it took people wrapped in their drunken stupors a few fractions longer to recognise the green-eyed beauty. Many would try hitting on her – despite noting her lack of interest – before finally recognising her and letting her through. She finally got to the edge, and convinced a couple of guys to boost her up.

All of a sudden, she could breathe again. The crisp night air filled her lungs deliciously and all her vigor returned in one huge rush. Drinks were thrust up towards her and she grabbed a couple of cups, one in each hand, and filled herself full of the burning liquid courage. Her body was now naturally bumping and grinding to the music, as she approached the other girl and they began to sync their movements. Lauren had been to and thrown so many parties that her dancing was almost on par to Beyonce's backup dancers, and although the other girl was highly skilled Lauren could almost keep up with most of her moves. They shared and took turns at the pole, the crowd roaring for more, with every swing of their hips and every grind along the pole.

Lauren realised she had barely paid any attention to the captivated onlookers. Rather than dancing purely for herself she began interacting with the crowd, making her way around the stage circumference. She would tease them and taunt them, shaking her booty, whispering in their ears, kissing cheeks, stroking their jaws and spreading her legs in their faces as she got down. The other girl joined her as she completed the circuit, suddenly gripping her jaw, and pressing their warm mouths together as they ground to the beat. The cheers of the crowd were suddenly drowned out when green-eyes met startled brown.

Camila?