Chapter 9

**Trigger Warning: Rascism and sexism**

Camila stiffened as she heard a voice she had hoped she would never hear again calling her name.

"Mila?! Is that you?"

She remained silent and she heard a sound - not unlike a growl - emanate from the girl behind her.

"What are you doing here Austin?" Lauren spat out with a frightening amount of venom in her tone. "I don't recall EVER inviting you to ANY of my parties. Ever," she added, as if her point wasn't clear enough.

"Lauren," he acknowledged bitterly. "Surprised you're not getting down and dirty with some hoe like the lesbo-slut you are. Unless you're now trying to fuck my girlfriend."

Camila could feel the anger emanating in overwhelming waves, and cut in before the fuming green-eyed girl could reply.

"Ex-girlfriend, Austin. You made sure of that when you decided to fuck the entire female population of my school while we were dating. Including my friends!"

"That's fucked, dude!" Dinah cut in, from where she and Ally had joined the other two girls. 

"What are you doing here, Austin?" Camila's tone was sharp and her gaze lethal.

If only looks could kill, Lauren mused, her grip tightening on Camila's tense shoulder. Camila's body had immediately stiffened as soon as the first word had left the boy's mouth. Lauren could practically hear Camila's teeth grinding together; but then again, it could have been her own.

"What does it look like, babe? I'm partying!!!"

Camila's anger was rippling across her skin towards him, and Lauren was almost forced to take a step away at her frigid animosity. "No, Austin. What are you doing here...talking to me?!" The sharp steel in her voice cut through the air in a blade-like fashion towards the boy's neck.

"I – uh. Well, duh, we're making up and getting back together!" he grinned. "Come on babe, I miss you! It's time to get over this little jealous angry act already. I mean it's hella cute babe..." At his wink, Lauren was ready to launch herself at him. Her grip on the shorter girl was probably bruising with the strength she was using to strangle her arm. "Turns me on real good, ya know? But Mahomie needs some lovin', and this dick ain't gonna serve itself!"

Lauren could feel the girl beside her trembling with unbridled fury. She could taste the disgust and anger in her own mouth, forcing its way from the depths of her stomach. "What happened to you?!" Camila choked out, as angry tears scorched their paths along flaming cheeks.

Austin's smug smirk faltered and the grin that replaced was as fake as Dolly Parton's boob job."W-what do you mean, CC babe?"

"It's actually getting hard to even recall the time before you were a complete selfish jerk, and that's so sad. I cannot even believe that I could be so blind – that I actually thought I loved such an arrogant asshole..." she shook her hung head in disgust, before irate eyes – whites smudged with red – locked onto his bland green ones. "I feel sorry for you, Austin. I really do. You will never know a good thing; never know how to appreciate anything even after it is gone. I hope you enjoy your long and lonely life."

Austin swayed slightly, and it was only now that Camila noticed how completely intoxicated he was. His eyes had glazed over and lacked focus, and his appearance was dishevelled –the fitted polo shirt he wore sported several alcohol stains. "Wha- uh – can you, like repeat that? Like slower?"

Lauren decided it was finally time for her to intervene, before someone got hurt or did something stupid. She wasn't going to lie, many of the thoughts racing through her mind were of a violent nature toward the douche-bag before her. For some reason, it seemed to be getting increasingly harder to resist her impulse to throw something at his thick head. Who knew, maybe it would bounce right off?