Chapter 22

For the next hour, they sat there chatting away: imparting rather embarrassing and humorous stories, disclosing small secrets, and gushing about their shared and otherwise hobbies. Lauren promised to share her artwork and poetry with Camila, and in turn Camila promised to share her journals and songwriting with Lauren. They bonded heavily over their passion for cooking, and more importantly: eating, and they shared their opinions on politics, values and world affairs, finding that their ideals pleasantly coincided with one another. Their Cuban heritage led to about a third of their conversations being conversed in Spanish, a language that they were both pleasantly surprised that they could fluently speak together in. They each recounted what they could remember of their young childhood memories, laughing and teasing one another endlessly.

It finally came to that time of the evening that the sun was beginning to set, prompting Lauren to arise from her seat with a question: "Are you feeling hungry?"

Camila gazed up at her with a lazy, affectionate smile and nodded. "Always," she replied with a cheeky grin. "I thought you would never ask."

With a scandalised gasp Lauren's hand flew up to cup the area of her chest where her heart belonged. "And here I thought that I was being the perfect gentlewoman!"

Camila rolled her eyes and tried to suppress the giggle the erupted from somewhere within. It was safe to say that she failed miserably, when a little snorting sound broke free. Her cheeks reddened in embarrassment while Lauren just softly laughed in the background.

"Nawww, Camzi let out a cute lil' snort!"

"Shut up Lauren or I'll force you to!"

"Kinky." She rose a brow as Camila rolled her eyes.

"Don't you remember what happened last time when you challenged me?"

"Damn, lil' Camz is getting savage!"

"I will be if you don't shut your mouth in the next three seconds!"

Lauren merely raised a single plucked bow once again, as she mimicked the closure of a zipper over her mouth. That movement happened to attract Camila's eyes to that very same pair of lips, leaving her brain to fantasise obsessively over the sensations that those soft envelops of skin would provide to her own wanton body. She observed them with great interest, intrigued by the delicious movements and preoccupied with their curvaceous shape, seemingly too much so to realise that Lauren had been calling her to attention.

"Ca-meeeee-laaaa."

"Huh? Wha? Uh, yeah?" the question marks tumbling from her lips amidst a cleared throat.

"Can. I. Open. The. Window? You don't get hay-fever or anything, right?"

"Oh...uh, yeah. Wait, I mean, no. I mean yes you can open the window, and no I don't get hay-fever."

"Okay, cool!" Lauren strode over to the enormous glass windows on what Camila assumed was the West side and seemed to fiddle with a couple of things for a few moments. As she tried to push at them, Camila got the most magnificent view of the evening thus far; a perfect eyeful of Lauren's gorgeous silhouette in that sinful black number the seemed to enunciate every curve and shape that she had been blessed with. As her eyes drank in the sight, they seemed particularly captivated by a certain part of her anatomy that happened to be displayed perfectly from her positioning. It's that damn Cuban ancestry, Camila's brain concluded as she tried to refocus on anywhere other than Lauren's goddess-given body.

Finally Lauren flung the windows open with no great ease, which to Camila's surprise, were in fact proper doors which led out to a balcony-like platform. The sunlight filled the room with glorious colours, beams of light reflecting off the golden designs that fashionably clothed the walls. It was completely breathtaking, awe-inspiring, and many other words that utterly failed her in the face of such extraordinary grandeur.