Chapter 7

Lauren?

Camila openly gaped as she recognised her green-eyed neighbour stumble onto the stage. Irritation flooded her veins as the other woman was disrupted post-routine to accommodate the new arrival into the limelight. Lauren was a giggling, flirtatious mess which for some reason frustrated the younger Latina to no end. She recognised that demeanor from their past, and was immediately flooded with the memories of Lauren's late night escapades.

**Flashback**

4 Years Prior

Camila had been tossing and turning all night. She had three upcoming tests this week, her sister had been in hospital last night due to a severe Asthma attack, and to top it all off Austin had been acting strange toward her; again. She released a heavy sigh in the hopes that all the stress would be released with it.

No such luck.

Rolling over again, she closed her eyes, her thoughts briefly drifting to her infuriating neighbour. Her feelings regarding the green-eyed girl were conflicted at best; after all, they had been close enough that Camila had once viewed her as a role-model and hadplaced her on a pedestal. In fact, Camila was fairly sure her 4 year-old self had expressed the wish to MARRY the girl – on more than one occasion, according to her mother – the innocent crush of a child laughable to her older self.

It wasn't as though Camila had ever felt anything serious toward her neighbour though. She wasn't gay. She had a BOYFRIEND for crying out loud! Just because Lauren's eyes drew her in and her smile occasionally made her pumping organ contract, even her perfectly shaped lips...

Camila furiously shook her head, dispersing all thoughts of the Jauregui girl, and chasing any lingering thoughts away with a fierce mental slap. Nope. It was time for sleep and wondering where the older Latina was, was NOT a priority and certainly not HER priority.

Eventually she began to drift off, when a small sound jolted her awake. She sat up rubbing her eyes, and scanning her room on high alert.

*Dink*

She slightly jumped when she heard it again. It didn't take her long to recognise that the sound was coming from beyond her room, and as the third *Dink* sound was heard she determined that it was coming from outside. Cautiously, she approached her window. Peeking out from behind the blind, she tried to pin-point the source of disturbance. It didn't take her long to find the subject of her many woes standing below in her front yard. Rolling her eyes and suppressing the urge to groan, she unlocked her window and peered out.

Unfortunately her heart wasn't prepared for the intense green stare that greeted her, erking her further. Pulse beating wildly, she tried to calm herself before hissing out, "Do you know what time it is? Are you crazy?" she paused for a moment before frowning and rethinking that final rhetorical demand, "Actually don't answer that."

Lauren lamely lifted her arm and gave a brief wave. "Hey Camz," she muttered, with an unsteady voice, that broke on the final note.

It took a moment for Camila to comprehend the situation, before she noticed what was off about the whole scenario. "Oh my god! Is that blo –" She was only cut off by the girl outside collapsing suddenly.

"SHIT!" Camila muttered under her breath, before racing downstairs as silently as possible.

...

Somehow the girl was still conscious by the time Camila reached her, and was giggling away before groaning in pain. Once Camila finally rolled the girl over – which was actually harder than it seemed – she was met with fully dilated eyes and a lazy smile that contorted with pain every few seconds.