Chapter 1

Its one am and all Im doing right now is scrolling through facebook. My feed is practically dead, the refresh button has become my best friend, and Im almost out of Doritos.

Life is boring.

Not particularly because Im unhappy with it, I just feel like somethings missing. Like I need something to get me going.

Im like a broken car engine.. No, that sounds emo. Im like a jammed soda machine. Ok, less emo, but still emo. Im like... Well, I guess I'm just me, Sam Golbach, pretty much nothing.

I feel—miserable. I want excitement. I want to live life to the fullest and yet all I can do is sit in a room at one am on facebook with a roommate who snores louder that Tyler Oakley laughs.

Its pathetic. 

Have you ever watched one of those 80 movies where the protagonist is like a complete loser, even though his character is nothing less then EPIC? Yeah, thats me.

All I'm waiting for is a hot girl or guy to come into my life. Whether it be because I mowed their lawn and ended up buying my popularity, having Saturday detention with them and a group of other people, or whatever other iconic 80's movie plot you could think of. I dont care, I just want that.

I, Sam Golbach, want something more than just a comfy bed to sleep with.

My train of thought was interrupted when my phone went off. I never even noticed my screen turn off. I had gotten a friend request. I unlocked my phone and went to their page. 

Colby Brock

Deciding to stalk his profile, I went through his photos. He's real hot.

The deeper into his photos I got, the more his eyebrows faded. Finally, I was brought to a picture of a young Colby with the most awkward smile ever.

I remember him! We went to high school together, and we were in band together. We always had a semi similar friend group, but he usually kept his distance from me. I wish he didnt, I want to suck his face.

I laughed at my own thought and when I pressed down on the screen, I realized I clicked like... On his first photo. Great, now hes going to know I was stalking him. Might as well add him now.

Right after I confirmed the request he messaged me. Eager are we Bolby?

Get it? Because his names Colby Brock.. Bolby.. Nevermind.

I quickly went to messenger to read what he had to say. It was just a lame old 'hey'.