Chapter 5

I didnt exactly mean to just leave the conversation, its just my feelings for him seemed to hit me. All my teenage hormones just jumped out at once.

It was so awkward. I havent felt so awkward about someone since—well, since I liked him.

When I said I forced myself to forget it all, that obviously included him. My entire high school experience was a nightmare, and so thats exactly how I treated it.

You know those horrible dreams you have that are so terrifying you wake up, but then when you do you dont remember it?

Thats kind of what I did. You see, the whole 'outing me in front of the school' thing was horrible, but what really got me was the bullying. The bullying terrified me so much that by the time I got home I didnt even remember what happened.

My mom would ask if I had a good day at school and I'd tell her 'yeah' because I just assumed I did, when really I didnt.

You might be thinking well Sam, how do you remember now?

The answer to that is Colby. When I realized he was from my high school I remembered that I liked him. I remember those times I'd ask him to pass me a paper or something, sometimes it was because I wanted and excuse to talk to him, other times it was because other kids would tease me by taking away my papers.

It was like a chain reaction in my mind, a domino effect if you would.

When he joked like that with me, it was like my feelings for him that I forced away all came back. In a weird way, I liked the feeling. I liked liking him.

I remembered that we never talked much, that was because I felt like he didnt like me. He had. Stopped sitting at my lunch table a little into junior year. He had always kept his distance from me, I probably just figured he was homophobic or something.

When I told him I didnt think he knew who I was that was a bit of a stretch. I know he knew who I was.
I was 'Gayboch', the homo-ist of homosexuals at school, I just wanted to mess with him a bit.

Yes, yes. I know it was 'hilarious', can you please stop laughing now?
That was the name people called me throughout high school, if you tease me then you're no better.

Anyway, enough with the probably-traumatic back story, my main point here is, Colby gave me a boner from literally just saying 'whatever, you love me', I.E 'my teenage hormones'. If that doesnt scream 'you're screwed', then I dont know what does.