Chapter 32

Again we laid on the floor of the abandoned building. I used his torso as a pillow and he ran his fingers threw my hair while looking up at the sky.

It was silent. The only noises we could hear was the cars passing by and the wind blowing heavily. Thankfully we both wore sweaters this time, it would have been a pain if even one of us forgot to.

I took his arm and began to look at his hand, the one that wasnt lazily playing with my hair. I held my hand to his and compared them. His hand was bigger than mine and his skin was soft. Of course I already knew it was soft, I've held the losers hand enough times to know that, but I still felt like pointing it out. He tried to fold our fingers together and I let him at first, but soon pulled away and sat up.

"Colby..." I spoke softly.

He hummed in response as he too sat up. I awkwardly began to play with my zipper because I stupidly forgot what I was going to say and he smiled at me as he waited for me to speak.

"I—uh... Hi?" I managed to say.

"Hi" he laughed a little and I felt my cheeks heat up. He waited for me to respond but I only buried my face in my palms. "You forgot what you were going to say, didnt you?" He asked as he tried to pry my hands away from my face.

I nodded, hands still covering my face. He laughed a little and I dragged my hands down my face and groaned because of discomfort.

"You're so cute when you're awkward and upset" he said. He nudged me with his shoulder and I smiled cheekily at him. "Just kidding"

Oh, for fucks sake!

"I'm offended" I gasped and held my hand to my chest. Even though it looks like I'm only pretending to be offended, I actually am.

"You shouldnt be" he shrugged. "You should be flattered"

Why would I be flattered that he called me cute then said just kidding afterwards? I cant even tell if hes being sarcastic or not right now.

"Anyway, I brought a pocket knife" he pulled it out of his pocket and after he did so the blade slid up.

Why the hell would he bring a pocket knife? Is he going to kill me?No normal person just pulls out a knife. what the hell?

"What are you going to do with it?" I asked hesitantly.

"This is our place, we're going to carve our names into the wall" he said as he held onto the blade and pointed the handle at me.

I hesitantly took it from him and folded the knife. I clutched it as I stood. I ran my fingers across the wall as I walked around the room to look for where I wanted to carve into it. When I walked over to the most torn down part of the wall I stopped and eyed it for a moment before deciding against it. I then turned to him and he furrowed his brows at me in confusion.

"Can we carve it downstairs?" I asked as I looked over at the stairs, then back to him.

He nodded and I walked over to him before taking his hand in mine and guiding him down the steps. Each step, like always, creaked. It echoed throughout the building and I grimaced. The last step is the loudest, and to avoid having to hear the screech it makes, I let Colbys hand go and jumped off the second to last step. He copied me and I waited for him so I could hold onto his hand again.

I made my to the part of the wall with the quote I liked so much. I unfolded the knife and began to carve my name above the torn wallpaper, and below the quote. I handed Colby the knife and he carved 'and Colby' into it.

We should have put 'Golbach and Bolby', that would have been funnier.

"Its our place" he sounded so content and it made me feel incredibly happy.

However, no matter how content he is, I'm a buzzkill and I must do my job.

"Just because we say its ours, doesnt mean it is" I laughed.

"True, but this place symbolizes life and its our life now, not just mine" he said as he tucked his pocket knife away and took my hand in his.

The thought of anything being 'ours' is intriguing. The thought of us is also intriguing, and when he says and does things like this, it almost makes me feel like I have a chance. It makes me feel like 'us' is a possibility. However, possibilities are called possibilities because they're never set in stone. I just hope that we are a possibility that works out.

I mean, could you imagine? Me dating Colby Brock, the boy I've liked since high school—with the minor set back that I forgot him, but still. Dating Colby would be an adventure, and not just in bed.

"Golbach..." He began.

"Hm?" I hummed as I turned my head to look at him and he smiled at me.

"Just kidding"