Chapter 2

Colby = C
Sam = S

----

C: Hey
S: Hi
C: Remember me?

My hands traced the keyboard. I was shocked that he replied so quickly, it was almost as if he was just waiting. A smirk played on my lips as I thought of what to say.

Do I say yes? Do I say no?

Saying no would be the funnier thing to do, he'd probably try to make me remember him.

S: Sorry?
C: Oh come on!

My smile widened as I began to type. I could almost picture the awkward yet cheeky smile on his face, it was unforgettable— well, I did kind of forget it, but now I realize it's too cute to ever forget again.

S: did we go to high school together?
C: yeah! Had the same homeroom, we were both in band... We even sat at the same lunch table until junior year. You really dont remember me?

Should I flirt? Could I say 'oh yes, now I remember.. Sorry, you're just way hotter than I remember.'? No, the anxiety I would get from waiting for a reply would be horrible.

S: oh yeah...
C: so you remember me?
S: yeah man.
S: honestly, Im surprised you even remembered me
C: how come?
S: idk. You never talked to me in high school, didnt even think you knew who I was.
C: are you saying you thought about me? 😏
S: no. Im saying I was a loser
C: a loser that thought about me..
C: am I right?
S: no... Im right.
C: about what?
S: I dont know, just felt like one upping you.
C: thats so like you Golbach.
C: you cant tell, but Im glaring at you.
S: you cant tell, but Im flipping you off.

You also cant tell, but I think I like you, Just like a 15 year old me once did.