Chapter 8

I stood outside the front of the mall with my hands shoved in my pockets and my shoulders up.

Being the bright person I am, I didnt wear a jacket, but its ok, We're going inside anyway.

My phone began to buzz and when I looked at the message, Colby had asked where I was... Oh god. Was I in the wrong spot? Its a mall for crying out loud, The place is huge and all he did was ask me to meet him here.

C: where are you?
S: the front of the mall...?
C: I'll be there in a few minutes hold on

I sat down on the curb and propped my elbows on my knees.

Its literally past 11, most of the places in the mall are closed right now, and I have class tomorrow. What the hell am I doing here waiting for a guy I literally just became friends with?

Sure I know him and like him, but I really only JUST became friends with him.

"Hey Golbach" I heard a low voice say, I also felt him lightly kick me. If I didnt know any better, Id think I was about to be kidnapped.

However, I do know better and I know that voice belongs to none other than Colby Brock.

"Did you just kick me?" I asked as I stood up. I was going to pretend to seem tough, but as I stood I found that he was taller than me and so I just looked like a 5 year old.

"It was to get your attention, dont through a fit" he rolled his eyes at me and I flipped him off. "Oh real mature" he commented, then glared at me.

"I try" I shrugged and stuck my hands back into my pant pockets before turning around to walk into the mall.

As I turned he grabbed my arm and laughed.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Im obviously going into the mall, I'm freezing and would like to get this so called adventure over with, please and thank you" the sass in my voice was evident and I shot him a look that read 'no duh'.

I expected him to pretend to be offended, but instead he laughed.

"We arent going inside, thats too boring, this is suppose to be an adventure."

"Well then where are we going?" i asked.

His lips tugged upward and I felt like my question was a big mistake.

Instead of telling me, he grabbed my arm and yanked me in the opposite direction of the mall. He dragged me away from the building and while he was running, I was doing more of a 'power walk', which meant I was tripping a bunch.

"Slow down, nothing can be that important. Were are we going anyway? " I laughed as I yanked my arm away.

I wiggled my wrist to get the circulation pumping again, Bolby held my hand so tight it went numb.

"The whole point of an adventure is that its kind of a surprise. Shut your mouth and follow my lead ok?" At this point I had no clue where we were. We had been running for so long that I was practically wheezing.

When I figured I could take a breather and catch my breath, he pulled my arm again and began to run. This kid must seriously work out because he wasnt even breathing heavily.

Once we stopped I didnt bother looking up, no, instead I was slouched down with my hands on my knees and breathing in more air than the world even has.

"Look" Colby pointed out in front of us.

All that there was, was a giant old building that looks like it hasnt been used in decades. The buildings paint was almost completely peeled. Parts of the building had caved in and the door clearly said 'no trespassing'.