D Day

2 years previous

2 years previous......

"Mr. Tourney, has your client reviewed the terms of the divorce that Mr. East is offering and is in agreement?"

"Yes, Your honor, we have been over Mr. East's offer and after careful mediation Mrs. East is not in agreement."

"Of course not, 2 million dollars isn't enough for the trashy waitress I met on spring break!"

"Mr East control your temper or I'll have you removed. I will not repeat myself. Now, Mrs. East what are the terms you are in agreement with?"

"Your honor I want nothing but the items and money I walked into the marriage with."

"And what are those Mrs. East?"

"My clothes and heirlooms from my mother. The savings I came into the marriage with, the car I came with, and my last name back"

"That is all Mrs. East? Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, your honor"

"OK Mrs. East what is the car and the amount of savings you came with?"

"$3,900 dollars and my black 2005 mustang convertible."

"That's all your requesting Mrs East, 3,900 dollars and a mustang? In Mr. East agreement it is stated You had a Bentley."

"Don't forget my last name back sir. And yes your honor, I want nothing from Mr. East."

"OK, Mrs. East"

"Highland. Your honor. Miss Highland"
Getting up and walking out during the court proceedings was probably not the most mature thing to do but I couldn't hold my cold facade any longer. I was devastated on the inside. I couldn't believe I was actually in my very own divorce proceedings. To Bryce, the only man I've ever loved. the one who promised to love honor and cherish me till death. I won't let him see me break. I will walk out of his life just like he wanted and never look back.

As I walk by I look at his gorgeous face one last time etching his shocked face in my memory for later. Saying in the calm voice I wasnt feeling " You can close your mouth Bryce, you got the divorce you wanted."
Leaving the courtroom without begging Bryce to rethink the divorce and telling him how much I loved him was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Almost as hard as leaving the day he came home with divorce papers.