Natural Disaster

2 years 2 months previous.......

Taylor's P.O.V

Beep.Beep. Beep.

I knew I should've shut the alarm off and rolled over and went back to sleep as soon as I heard the rain pelting the windows. Rainy days are only appealing if you were spending your day snuggled in a warm and loving pair of arms. My arms happen to be out of the country on a business trip. My husband Bryce East was a business tycoon and most eligible bachelor recently taken. We met while I was on spring break with my best friend Charlotte aka Char. She's the Senetor of New York's promiscuous daughter. She was just what I needed at the time. We met at UCLA as dormates. I was a sophomore and she was a junior. I was there on scholarship and she was heiress with all the connections. My mom had passed away from cancer my senior year of high school. She was all I had left in the world besides my aunt Lil. I'd spent my high school years helping aunt Lil take care of my mom so I hadn't gotten to experience dating as all the other girls in high school had. I had gotten plenty of offers. I knew I was gorgeous. I looked like my mother. 5'10 dark blue eyes with waist length long curly Blonde hair and a dancers figure. I had worked hard at keeping in shape. My dream was to be in the fashion industry. To model and then to eventually have my own clothing line that I had designed. When my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer I knew my college fund was going to be spent on medical bills. I got a job and focused my high school years on getting a scholarship and spending time with my mom. After mom passed I got the scholarship to UCLA just in time. The house was being sold for medical bills and aunt Lil moved into an apartment. I came to UCLA and that's where I'd met Char. My junior year she had talked me into going to Jamaica for spring break. So I took some of my savings and we went. While we were there we ran into her brother Phillip and his best friend Bryce. The first time I'd met Bryce East I fell hard. He was absolutely the most gorgeous guy I'd ever seen. He was 6'3 athletic with dark brown hair and brown eyes. We hit it off and spent the whole week together. When we came back to New York we were officially a couple. Char was against the relationship right away. She said he was a playboy and had broken a string of hearts over the years. I broke it off after a week of being home. The rumors were true. It was hard to believe the sweet caring guy I'd met in Jamaica was not only a playboy but the most eligible bachelor in New York. He had just taken over his Dad's position as CEO at His Multi-billion dollar company. I wasn't even in his league. I knew he would be rich since he was friends with Char and Phillip. I was her only friend that had an actual job. I just didn't know he'd be multi billion dollar rich. Knowing it would never work I broke it off. He called and text everyday after and I never answered. He sent roses and jewelry which I returned. I wasn't the type of girl that needed all those things. One night while I was working he came in and sat in my section. He asked me to sit and talk with him while he ate. We talked and talked just like we were back in Jamaica on the beach. After he left I went to the table where he'd left his tip of $100.00 in penny rolls. He had written exactly how he felt on every date we had ever been on in Jamaica on every roll. How he felt when I'd broken it off. Even how beautiful my eyes looked near the ocean. He wrote about how he'd fell in love with me on that beach and asked for a chance to show me he wasnt the playboy he used to be. He'd won me over and we got married 3 months later. I didn't enroll my senior year thinking I'd go back when our lives had settled down. That was over a year ago.
Today I had an appointment with our travel agent to schedule a surprise trip back to Jamaica for our 2 year anniversary. I wanted some time with my husband. Being a CEO he was so busy and I was feeling very alone lately. Bryce wouldn't be home for another week. I was going to surprise him then. Getting up I felt crampy and a warmth running down my legs. Just my luck. My period. That was also a sign I should've stayed in bed.
Another one was when I'd met with the agent and she'd said that the resort wed stayed in before was booked on our anniversary date.
Leaving the travel agent in low spirits and cramping like never before the car I was waiting for had gotten a parking ticket and had to move 3 blocks down. That wouldve been OK if it hadn't started a down pour as soon as I'd stepped outside the door.
I Finally make it home cold and soaked to the bone, and as I walk through the door my day begins to brighten. Bryce is sitting on the couch. Scotch in his hand. He looks like he's had my kind of day.