Purpose

Waking up in Bryce's arms was not my plan but it was wonderful. I don't know how this is going to fit in with everything. I'm now the other woman. I was destroyed by what happened between Char and Bryce. I can't believe I've done the exact same thing. Whether I'm married to Bryce or not, him and Char have a relationship. Bryce had aparently felt me stiffen and asked " What's wrong?"
"I just realized I'm the other woman now. I was destroyed by that once."
Tightening his hold on me he asks "Your my wife. Don't ever put yourself in that status again."
"I'm only your wife in legal terms Bryce. I haven't been your wife for a very long time. And your engaged and having a baby with another woman. That woman being my ex best friend. This should've never happened. I'm better than that. " I say as I climb out if the bed to dress.
"What are you talking about Tay? Char is not pregnant. Char hates kids."
" Just because she hates kids doesn't mean she cant get pregnant Bryce. Accidents happen. This is something I know about" I say giving him the "obviously" look
"Well I know that. But she had a tubal ligation last year after a scare."
"What? No Phillip told me she was pregnant. And about your engagement" I say shaking my head in disbelief
"Our engagement was a farce Tay. We haven't slept together since a few months after the divorce. Well, almost divorce. " Bryce was a champ at holding his feelings in check. Especially nervousness. He didn't get nervous. He's a CEO. Always calm and collected. So when he started running his fingers through his hair I knew something was up.
"What aren't you telling me, Bryce?"
"I had a breakdown after you left. After the divorce. I thought you'd go to Phillip and when you didn't, things just didn't add up. So  I had a specialist come look at the pictures. He clarified they weren't real."
"Well obviously" I say snidely " you could've had that checked out before you threw me out on the streets, and slept with my best friend."
"I know. I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say. I looked for you but it had been almost a year. Your aunt had moved with no forwarding address and when I finally did track her down I found you and Phillip cuddled up on the apartment balcany. I'd lost you twice that day. I came back home and tried to put you out of my mind. Nothing worked. I was losing my shit.  Month later Char convinced me to throw myself at your mercy. When I got back you were gone. Not even a trace of you ever being there. Phillip did a damn good job of making you disappear. Poof you were gone. I did everything in my power to get him to tell me where you were. He said he'd lose his family business, his good name, and his family before he'd let me near you. And he almost did. That's when I knew how much he loved you. I just didn't understand why until I'd seen Blaise. You had his son. Nothing I could take away from him would come close to hurting him because he had everything. Everything that should've been mine."

I wasn't sure how or why he hasn't figured out Blaise's paternity.
"Your right Bryce. Phillip would give up everything for us. He's been there since the day he was born. He loves Blaise more than life. But Blaise isn't his son. He's yours"