There's no place like Home

It had been a week since the Meeting where Bryce told me of the stipulations of the divorce

It had been a week since the Meeting where Bryce told me of the stipulations of the divorce. He was true to his word when He said it would be like before. He was here to welcome us and then left on a business trip he was known for in our marriage.  And the welcoming was to basically tell me of our sleeping arrangements.  He had given me and Blaise the guest rooms right next to each other.
When I told Phillip of the stipulations he blew a gasket. I had to literally jump on his back to keep him from coming over and killing Bryce.  He convinced me to let him keep Blaise with him and Shell for the first week. He didn't trust Bryce. I didn't either but what option did I have?
Bryce hadn't asked about Blaise.  when he told me where Blaise would be sleeping I had thought for a moment he was going to ask but then he just walked away.
I was heading to pick up Blaise. I had missed him something feirce. With finishing up the shoot I had hardly any time to do anything but sleep so I was glad I had made the decision to let him stay with Phillip for the week.
"Hey Baby Momma, we just finished packing up the last of the trucks"

"Phillip, how many more trucks is he coming home with?"
Holding his hands up  " Not me. Shell has a toy truck disorder"
"Mmm hhm. I'm sure with help. Now where's my son?"
Just as I asked Blaise barreled down the hall "Mommy mommy" picking him up I hug him tightly as the tears roll down my face.
"What's wrong Tay?"
"I just missed him so much, Phillip." Snuggling Blaise harder I say "Mommy missed you"
"Unk got me a bunch big truck mommy"
"Unky Phillip and Aunt Shell spoils you too much. But go on and get your stuff so we can go"

After giving Phillip the down low on whats been happening at Bryce's he looks stumped
" I dont know Tay. I truly thought it was a ploy of some kind.  I don't get it"
"Mabey he really does want to disolve this marriage as fast as I do. Mabey he really loves your sister" and for some reason the thought had my chest constricting
Shrugging his shoulders  he says "Mabey. Just keep your guard up. This just doesn't seem right."
"You worry too much about me. I'm fine. I can handle Bryce East."

After leaving Phillip and Shell's we spent the day at the Dinosaur Exhibit and went swimming. When it looked like a storm was brewing we grabbed  some Chinese takeout and Redbox movies to enjoy back at the penthouse. With Bryce gone I figured we'd veg out in the theater room. 
After eating takeout I give Blaise a bath, dressing him in his Monster Truck jammies and me in my Grey Victoria secret boyfriend pants with my "Milk on Tap" fitting Tank that Phillip and shell got me for Christmas. I put my hair up messy bun style. This was something I never did while living with Bryce. It was all lace and négligé, and dressed to the nines. How different it felt being in my mom attire here. Grabbing a throw cover we head to the theater room and just as we were about to enter  the front door opens. Blaise walks in and he looks exhausted. Before I would of made him dinner mabey gave him a little neck massage and run him a bath. We would've took a long relaxing bath together and talked about our day. 
"Hi" Blaise squealed and ran over to where Bryce was standing. "You play Trucks" he asked
Bryce stood there staring down at Blaise  without answering. His face wavering from the coldness usually shown.  Is he figuring it out? Does he see the parts of him in Blaise I see?
Rushing over I pick up a squirming Blaise "I'm sure Mr. East is very buisy baby. Let's go watch the dinosaur movie you picked out."
" I actually would love to play Trucks Blaise"
Shock registering all over my face and I whisper "why" before I let a still squirming Blaise down.
"Go get your trucks Blaise and I'll be ready when you get back" .  and all you heard was little feet running. As soon as Blaise was out of sight I asked again "Why?"
"Why what?" Bryce said while he looked me up and down. The thought of him judging my mom attire has me crossing my arms.
"I just thought mabey it would be a good way to get to know the little guy"

"Why would you want to Bryce? Don't fuck around with my son. Do whatever payback or revenge you want to me and Phillip." Pointing at his chest I continue "but you will not fuck with my son"

"You've changed." He stated
"Yeah well I'm a mom. I don't have time to be beautiful." Assuming he was talking about my appearance
"I've always thought you were beautiful. But you were even more so without all the makeup Tay.  You didn't need all the makeup and frilly shit you walked around in for me to think that. I sometimes wished you would  let me see you as you are now. Its my fault. I guess I should've told you how breath taking you are more often. But that wasn't what I was talking about.  Relax,  I'm not out to get you and I wouldn't hurt an innocent child. I would've thought you'd known that. I just want to get to know him. That's it. Promise"
The kindness in his voice had me Gasping and my heart may have pitter pattered a little. Damn it.
"OK. He's going to be getting tired soon and he'll fight it until I lay down with him. So when he starts yawning let me know."
I could've sworn I seen his eyes light up. Just like his son's. Mabey. Mabey it was just hopeful thinking.
"Yes mam"
Walking towards the Theater room before a panic attack set in. What was I doing? This was not the plan. Bryce and Blaise are not to get close. Bryce wasn't acting like the monster he was known to be this last couple of years. Nervousness was getting the better of me so I peaked out of the room a few times checking on them. I could hear them making the smashing of the Monster truck sounds but couldn't see them. After a while I sat down on the oversized sofa and tried to relax.  Putting on my favorite movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" I finally do.
I must've fallen asleep because I was awaken with Bryce kneeled beside the couch and I could've sworn it felt his hand on my face as I had in the mornings while we were married.
"Hey" he whispered softly
"Hey, is he tired"
Smiling he said " He's already asleep. I just put him to bed. I was just coming to let you know"
"He's asleep? You put him to bed?" I asked astonished
"Yes, is that a problem?"
" No, its just that he fights his sleep so bad that only me and Phillip have ever been able to put him to sleep. And Phillip still has issues "
At the mention of Phillips name Bryce's face changed from the sweet gorgeous man from our marriage to the Monster I had become accustomed to seeing
"Your son is in his room perfectly fine and sleeping" he spewed as he got up and walked out of the room

After straightening up I left the theater room and as I did I see Bryce lounging in his usual chair in the living room scotch in hand.

Walking up to him I say " Thank you."
Stunned he asks " For what?"
"For playing with Blaise. For not taking the hate you have for me out on him"
Swirling his drink he says " I don't hate you Tay. I wish I could hate you. But I don't"
" I don't hate you either."
" Blaise is an amazing little boy"
"Yes he is. He's my world" I choke up
"He likes building things and he's really smart." Just like you. His father. I wanted to say.
"Yes" is what I managed
" He's very determined. Doesn't give up does he?
"He is very headstrong." Like his father I wanted to say again but I instead said " I'll see you in the morning" I turn to walk away. I was stopped in my tracks by the next words  " Blaise has brown eyes"