Sacrifice

"I have no fucking clue Tay. None. I'm going to fucking kill him. How could he do this to you? Bastard." Phillip spewed as he walked out my bedroom door with me on his heels.
Grabbing his arm I beg "Please Phillip it could be for nothing. Please."
"No Tay. I'm always going to be there for you. No matter what. And I'll ride this with you again if I have to but he's not getting off Scott free again.  By God he's at least giving this baby his last name and some support."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Bryce boomed from around the corner. He'd apparently overheard.
"You dip shit. What's your plan this time. Gonna throw her out on the street pregnant again?"
"Pregnant? Tay?" Bryce looked at me questioning.
"I'm not pregnant." I say
"Oh your pregnant all right. That's your luck" Phillip spat
"Phillip. Stop. I can handle this. I don't know what's going to happen but please let me and Bryce figure it out. I love you but let me do this ok?" I ask pleadly
"Fine. Whatever. I'm out. Call me later" Phillip said as he walked away.
"What the hell is he talking about Tay?"
"He's worried about me. I'm sure Chars filled him in on the contract situation. He's being my best friend right now."
"There's a possibility your pregnant?" He asks
"Well I'm not on birth control if that what your asking?"
"And he thinks I'd leave you out on the street knowing you are or could be?"
"You haven't had the best reputation this last couple of years. You've been pretty cold towards everyone. Him included." I say quietly
"Do you think Im that guy Tay?"
"No. I don't. I know you wouldn't of thrown me out had you known I was pregnant. I wouldn't of wanted you to stay with me for that reason though."
"I guess I didn't make myself clear last night Tay. I love you. I'm in love with you and only you. Even when I hated you I loved you. I've been in hell since the day I received those pictures. I can't live another day without you and my son. I won't. Even if it means giving up my position as CEO. So be it.  I've made enough money for a lifetime. I resigned today. I told Char earlier. My only question now is whether or not I can make it up to you. And if you would let me?"
As tears rolled down my face I  say " I wish it could be that easy Bryce. I'm not that girl anymore. There's been so  much between us. Even before the pictures. I don't know if its possible to forget about all that's happened. You did sleep with my best friend. In our bed. I know its because you were hurt and you thought I'd done it. But I didn't. Not once. Even while we were apart. But you did. I just don't think I can ever get over that."