Restoration

It has been 3 days since Bryce had said those words. I choked up and tried my damnedest to hold back the  tears.  It was all too much. Being back here, the memories, the nightmare, Good Bryce, and seeing my child and his father interact, I had lost the battle. I didn't answer with anything other than a choked up "Yes" and I walked away. I don't know if he had let me off the hook for the moment or if that wasn't the question I had thought it was. Bryce was intelligent. There was no way he hadnt figured it out. I felt like I was waiting for the bomb to drop. It was torture. For the last two days Bryce had came home early and spent his time with Blaise. Yesterday he took us to the park and even had a picnic. For a while I just let it be and enjoyed being together. I pretended this is what it would've been like if we hadn't been apart. Phillip had called and was going out of town for buisiness. It was crucial that he went since his business hadn't been on the up since Bryce's revenge plot. I didn't tell him about what had transpired. As far as he knew Bryce was still spending his time away on Business trips. Today I had asked Shell if Blaise could stay with her. I had to  talk to Bryce. I had to find out what he knew. So I decided to make dinner and see what came up.
Bryce walked in the door at the usual time he had kept the last few days. When he came into the kitchen I was at the counter tossing a salad
"Hey where's slugger?"
"He's staying with Shell tonight" I said as I watched his face fall
"Shell?"
"Phillip is out of town so Shelly is home alone" I say nervously
"Awesome" he got out between gritted teeth and then nodded toward the salad " what's the special occasion?"
" I was  hungry and thought I'd make dinner. " before he could refuse I went on "its ready. Have a seat"
Taking a seat at the bar he looked at me and said " I know you better than you think Tay. So if we're doing this you better get out the scotch. " nodding I get out two glasses and the decanter of scotch. I pour two glasses and slide one over his way. That he then slid back over. " You'll probably need this more than I will. After smelling the contents I realize he's right and down the first one coughing and wiping away the remnants off with the back of my hand.
Smiling he nods to the other glass. I repeat shotting this one like a champ.
"Done this before? As I recall your not much of a drinker"
"I have a little more experience than when we were together." Once or twice me and Shell had a few. But he doesn't have to know I was a total loser.
"So how do you want to do this. " I ask bravely
"I want honesty. Complete fucking honesty."
Pouring another shot I swirl and give him a hard look "Ditto" then down it.
"Ok. Questions. No matter how hard they are you must answer them honestly."
Laughing evily I say " Be careful Bryce you may not like what you hear."
"I'm ready for it. This doesn't end until we both have all our questions answred. Deal? "
"Deal, only if you promise that no matter what you hear you will let me and Phillip live our lives . You have to stop trying to bring him down"

"Since your the lady, you go first" he gestured.
"Why did you marry me if you and Char were still in a relationship?"
"I was never in a relationship with Char. We had great sex. That's it" ouch that hurt. After Physically Flinching I grab the glass for another shot
"Slow down" he said pulling the decanter and glasses away and continued " why did you marry me?"
Gulping I whispered " Because I loved you "
"Why did you stop trying in our marriage?" I ask
"When I realized you were never going to be the real you. You were the perfect wife Tay. Always dressed as the Ceo's wife. Had dinner on the table. Never complained about the hours I worked. When I know you hated every bit of it. I wanted the real you. The woman I had before she became the CEO wife."
"I didn't hate all of it. I felt everyone was judging me. The girl from the wrong side of the tracks who was never good enough. You were always perfect, good at everything, rich, and handsome. I was trying to make you happy "
"My happiness depends on how happy my wife is. Real happiness. Not the hiding out and crying in the bathroom when the stress of the  charity banquet got the best of her"
"You knew?"
"Yes, and you never came to me like a wife who trusted her husband would have"
"I'm sorry"
"Me too. The next question is yours" he said nodding
"Were all your late nights and business trips strictly business?"
"Yes"
"When did you and Phillip get so close?"
"After you kicked me out. Months later. He's my best friend."
"Do you love him?"
"Yes. As a brother and my best friend."
"Are you in love with Char?" I ask.

Swirling his drink looking at me deeply he replied "No" before he downed it.
"Are you Happy?"
I didn't realize how hard these questions were going to be. I thought he'd get straight to the point . Did you sleep with Phillip?Is Blaise my son? I was prepared for those questions. I wasn't ready for the deep seated emotional ones. Tearing up I look away in silence.
"You promised complete honesty Tay. Please answer the question"
Taking a deep breath I try processing all the emotions that were hitting me all at once. Anger. Hatred. Sorrow. And Love. Of course, I'd still love him.
Looking at the man who destroyed my whole world with tears rolling down my face I answer " My only happiness is my son. So I guess my answer is No. I'm not. Not in the way your asking"
"Why that question? Why do you care?" I spat
"I need to know your happy Tay." 

All the anger I had been holding in exploded. I couldn't do this anymore.   Sweeping my arms over the bar until everything flew to the floor I screamed "Are you fucking kidding me!?" Pointing at his chest I continue "You need to know I'm happy!? What a crock of bull shit!" Laughing hysterically I ask " You think being thrown out of my own house by the one person who promised to love, honor, and cherish me made me happy! Being accused of horrendous acts! Watching my husband fuck my best friend on the bed we made love in!? Having to pick up every piece of my life after you destroyed me!?" Sobbing I continue "Or how about being pregnant and alone working in a dive diner. Now that was fucking Awesome!" With Every word I watched him flinch  and it felt good. It felt fucking amazing to hit back for once.
Groaning my name as if he's in pain "Tay, come here" as he grabbed my arm and pulled me into him. I wanted to fight him. I wanted to. But I couldn't. I'm tired and it had been so long since I'd felt his arms around me.  So I let it be. Just for a little while. I continued to sob into his chest while Bryce held me tightly whispering his apologies trying to soothe me. When he started placing kisses on my face the nerve endings in my body set fire. It had been a long time since I had felt alive. Each time he placed a kiss I craved his mouthwatering taste. When his lips lingered on the corner of my mouth I gave up fighting the need. Grabbing him by the hair I slammed my lips over his and it was everything. An explosion of need and the most amazing taste in this world. We were both panting and moaning as our hands roamed over each others body.
"There is nothing in this world that's tasted better than you, baby" Bryce groaned
"Oh my god Ive missed this." I moaned.  We may of sucked in other parts of our relationship but when we   made love it was out of this world.  Grabbing me by the back of my thighs  Bryce lifts me so my legs wrap around his waist.
"Baby, you are so fucking beautiful. So fucking beautiful. I've missed you so much" He whispered as he layed me on the counter. 

"