Mending

Present Day

Present Day

TAYLOR'S POV

"Mommy, me want my truck."
"I know you do honey, just give me a few more minutes and we'll get your truck."
No mommy, me want my truck now."

As soon as we get to the resturaunt son, then I'll get your truck. We're already running late as it is."

I had Blaise Dean Highland 7 months after our divorce. The doctor at the hospital had said bleeding is normal in the first few weeks of pregnancy. I had thought it was my period. I had only bled that one day. I thought because of the stress that it had stopped. I never imagined I'd be pregnant. I knew it could be possible we hardly ever used protection and it wasn't that we were trying to prevent one. Finding out I was pregnant saved my life. It brought me out of my depression and I got my life back on track. I went back to waitressing and moved in with aunt Lil. I didn't gain much weight with Blaise due to all the stress and working so much. I had some complications and was  bedridden for the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy. It was that time that Phillip showed up at our door. He found out about the pregnancy and he's been a true friend ever since. He's helped out a lot with Blaise. He's Blaise's God father and my best friend. Apparently, him and Bryce still don't speak. He said they've ran into each other a few times and it hasn't been pretty. Him and Char dont have much of a relationship anymore either. He says they only talk at family dinners and even then it's not much.  As of now he's ok with how their relationship is. I needed him more and he'd be there for me. And he has. Day or night if I call he'd board a plane and be here within hours. We aren't romantically involved and never will be. I'm so damaged from Bryce I may never date again. I'm OK with that. The only man I need in my life is Blaise. I started modeling again and have a few jobs. I was still waitressing and modeling on the side until 2 months ago. Phillip pulled some strings and got me a few big jobs. One of them being his company's poster model. That job landed me a full year of scheduled shoots and big signing bonuses but they were all in New York. I was worried about running into Bryce and him finding out about Blaise, but then I thought if he did he'd most likely not give us the time of day. And I needed these jobs to make a better life for my son so its a chance Id have to take. Phillip said if it came down to Bryce thinking Blaise was his he'd claim him. After much argument from me to no avail, Phillip put us up in his penthouse. He'd  finally met the one. Shelly had tied Phillip down and they were moving in together so me and Blaise got his penthouse until I could afford a place of my own. I loved Shells. She was amazing with Blaise and good to Phillip. I'm happy for him. He deserved happiness.
We had just got done unpacking a few days ago and on our way to meet Phillip for lunch.