Chapter 11 Jealousy

Laurence's POV
I was sitting in class waiting for the bell to ring. This was one of the classes I didn't have with any of my friends so I really didn't have anyone to talk to. I found myself wondering what Madison was doing. After a while the bell finally rang and I grabbed my books and left. I walked to my locker and got the books I needed for my next class then I went to find Madison. I walked down a few halls and found her standing at her locker...But she was with some guy. She was grabbing books out of her locker and he was standing next to her talking to her. He told her something and she laughed. I felt angry watching them but I didn't understand why. I turned around and walked back down the hallway. I accidentally ran into Lucinda, Katelyn, and Aphmau.
Hey Laurence. What's wrong? Aphmau asked me.
Nothing. I'm fine. I said walking past them.

Aphmau's POV
What was that about? I asked.
I have no idea. Katelyn said.
I do. Lucinda said pointing down the hallway.
Katelyn and I looked down the hallway and saw Madison standing at her locker talking to a boy.
So you're implying that Laurence is jealous. I said.
Exactly. Lucinda said smirking at me.
Just then Madison said goodbye to the boy and walked towards us.
Hey guys. Have you seen Laurence? She asked.
Yeah. We have. Lucinda said.
She told Madison what had happened and how she thinks that Laurence is jealous. Madison sighed.
Thank you. I'm gonna go find him. She said giving us a small smile before disappearing down the hall.
I hope they work things out. I said.
Me too. Lucinda said.
Yeah. Even I hope they don't break up over some stupid fight. Katelyn said.
Aww. See you care. Lucinda said laughing at Katelyn.
Whatever. Katelyn said.
We all laughed.

Madison's POV
I walked around the school looking for Laurence. Finally I found him sitting on a bench behind the school.
Hey. I said.
He looked up and saw me standing there. He stood up and walked towards me until he stood about 3 feet away from me.
Hey. He said.
What are you doing out here? I asked.
Just thinking. He said.
About what? I asked.
He stayed silent at first. I was about to say something when he spoke up.
Why were you talking to that boy? He asked me.
He's in my geography class. We have to do a project together. He wanted me to come over to his house to start on it tomorrow. I told him.
Laurence stared at me blankly for a few seconds. Okay. That's not good. What did I do?
He invited you to his house. He stated blankly.
Oh no. That's what I did. I shouldn't have said that.
I'm gonna kill him. Laurence said.
He started walking away from me. My eyes widened.
Wait! I reached out and grabbed his wrist pulling him back. He stopped and turned to face me. I could feel my heart racing. I can't believe I'm about to tell him this...

Laurence's POV
I started to walk away when I heard her say wait and I felt a hand wrap around my wrist pulling me backwards. I stopped and turned to face her.
What? I said.
Okay. I don't understand why you're jealous of this boy. You shouldn't even be jealous of him. So since you don't seem to get it let me make this perfectly clear. I don't like you...
She stepped forward and wrapped her arms around my neck. Her face was bright red but she looked me in the eye when she spoke.
...I love you. She said quietly. And I don't want to lose you because of some dumb fight.
I was surprised. Normally Madison was never this confident and straightforward with people. I wrapped my arms around her waist.
I don't want to lose you either. I said.
I leaned forward and kissed her.
When I pulled away I smiled at her.
...And I love you too. I said.
She smiled back at me.
You do realize we've missed like an entire class right? She asked.
I laughed.
Yeah. I know. But I had more fun with you than I would have had in class. I said.
She laughed.
Me too. She said.
We walked to our next class together. We sat beside each other and I looked over at her. She was doodling on the side of the page while we took notes. She always does that. Madison has ADHD. Not many people know that. She has trouble sitting still and focusing. It's one of the reasons she doesn't like school because her ADHD makes it difficult for her to learn. I smiled as I watched her continue her doodling. I really do love this girl...