Chapter 14 Smile For The Picture

Madison's POV
I can't believe it's the last day of school. It went by so fast. I actually had a good year for once. Surprisingly even though I lost my parents I somehow managed to get a boyfriend that cares about me a lot. Overall I've really enjoyed this year and I'm looking forward to coming back next year. Hopefully everything won't be as crazy and painful next year. But I guess you never know what could happen. I walked down the hallway looking for my friends. I wanted to get pictures with all of them since it was the last day. I had already gotten a picture with Travis, Cadenza, Lucinda, Katelyn, Vlyad, Garroth, Zane, Dante,and Aaron. Now I just needed to get a picture with Aphmau and Laurence. Just then I saw Aphmau walking down the hallway.
Hey Aphmau! I called.
She looked up and smiled at me.
Hey Madison. What's up? She said.
I wanted to get a picture with you since it's the last day of school. I said.
Sure! I'd love to! She said happily.
I held up my camera and we both smiled. I held up my fingers doing a peace sign. I snapped the picture and Aphmau laughed.
Nice pose. She said.
I laughed too.
Thanks. I said. Now I've just gotta get a picture with Laurence and I'll have one with all my friends.
Alright. Have fun. Aphmau said.
Thanks. You too. I said.
I continued walking down the hallway looking for Laurence. I found him standing outside beside the fountain in front of the school.
Hey Laurence. I said.
He turned to look at me and smiled.
Hey Madison. What are you doing? He said.
I came to get a picture with you since it's the last day of school. I told him.
Okay. Sure. He said.
He walked over to me and stood beside me. I held up my camera. We both smiled and I snapped the picture but right when I took the picture Laurence leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. I turned my head to face him and he kissed me again this time on the mouth. He pulled away and laughed at my reaction. I just stood there. This idiot is trying to give me a heart attack. I could feel my heart racing wildly and I could feel myself blushing.
I didn't know you liked taking pictures. Laurence said suddenly knocking me out of my thoughts.
I-I do. I'm just normally not allowed to have my camera out at school but they allow it on the last day. I said.
But some people walk around school with cameras all the time. He said.
Yeah. Those people are in photography club and yearbook club. But I'm not.
I said.
Oh. I get it. He said.
So how did the pictures turn out? He asked me.
I don't know. Let me look. I said.
I pressed the gallery button on my camera. I went through the pictures with all my friends. All of them had turned out great. I finally reached the ones of me and Laurence. Wow. The first one was Laurence kissing me on the cheek. I caught the moment perfectly. He was blushing. My face was bright red but I was still smiling. The second one I didn't even realize I took. I must have accidentally hit the button. But it was Laurence and I kissing. Both of us were blushing. They were really cute pictures. I really liked them both.
I like them. Laurence said.
Me too. I said smiling to myself.
Hey by the way. He said.
I turned to face him.
You never did tell me why you hated being called Freshman. He said.
Oh right. I forgot about that. I hated it because it was just another stupid label people used to make us feel inferior to them...that's why I hated it. I said.
He stared at me.
Oh. He said. I never thought about it that way...but you're right.
All of a sudden he reached out and hugged me.
I'm sorry for just labeling you like that. He said.
Hey. It's okay. I'm not mad. I said.
I know but I still want to apologize. He
Said.
Thank you. I said.
We pulled away and I smiled at him and he smiled back at me.
The last bell rang.
Come on. I'll walk you home. He said.
Okay. I said.
We started walking home and I grabbed his hand lightly and laced my fingers with his.
I looked up and he smiled at me.
I smiled. Maybe some of his confidence is rubbing off on me? He squeezed my hand I couldn't help but smile even more.
Laurence Ro'Meave I love you more than you could ever imagine...

                        The End