Chapter 13 Date Gone Wrong

Madison's POV
Today has been eventful. It's Thursday and Laurence asked me to go on a date with him tomorrow night. We've been dating for a few months and we've gone to different places together but this is our first actual date. I'm really excited. I can't wait to see what he has planned.

~~~~~~~Time Skip to Friday~~~~~~

Still Madison's POV
I was getting ready for my date with Laurence. I yawned. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night. My insomnia had kept me up most of the night. But I was still excited and happy to be going on a date. I put on a little makeup. I didn't put on much because I never liked wearing a lot of makeup. I turned on my music and started fixing my hair. I brushed it out then straightened it. I pinned back a strand that kept falling into my face then walked over to my closet. I had only bought a few dresses since I moved to this town. I pulled them out of my closet. The first one was knee length and made of orange lace. The second one was knee length and it was black with black lace over the shoulders and the back. And the last one was ankle length and it was blue and white. I decided on wearing the Orange one. ( picture at the beginning of the chapter. ) I got dressed and slipped on a pair of black flats. I checked to make sure my spare key was under the mat so I could get back inside then I walked over to Laurence's house. His sister Cadenza opened the door.
Hey Madison. Wow. You look awesome. She said smiling at me.
Thanks. I said smiling back at her.
She moved to the side and let me inside. I walked in and saw Garroth, Vlyad, and Zane sitting on the couch watching TV. I looked at the TV.
Are they watching anime? I asked.
Yeah. I've never seen any other boys watch anime except my brothers. They're weird. Cadenza said laughing.
Suddenly Garroth and Zane started having a complete debate about which character was better in the anime they were watching while Vlyad just stared at them.
Yeah. I said. They're pretty weird.
Soon Laurence finally came down the stairs.
Guys what's with all the yelling? Laurence asked.
Because he thinks his character is better than mine. Garroth said pointing at Zane.
Because he is. Zane said.
He is not. Garroth said.
Guys. Stop you're making a bad impression. Vlyad said interrupting them before they could start fighting again.
I don't know why you're freaking out his girlfriend isn't even here yet. Zane said.
What are you talking about she's standing right there. Vlyad said pointing at me.
Garroth and Zane both looked over at me.
Huh?! When did you get here?! Garroth asked.
Um... About 10 minutes ago. I said.
Yeah. We've just been standing here listening to you weirdos arguing. Cadenza said.
Well we'll see you guys later. Laurence said.
He walked across the room and grabbed my hand pulling me out the door and closing it behind him.
Well that was a very sudden exit. I said.
He laughed.
Well I wanted to leave before my family got the chance to freak you out. He said.
Now it was my turn to laugh.
Your family doesn't scare me Laurence. They're nice. I said.
I know. But they can be kinda...strange sometimes and most of the other girls I've dated didn't like it. He said.
Relax Laurence. I like that your family is weird and different. It makes them unique. I'm not every other girl you've dated. I'm different. I like them. So relax. I said.
He smiled at me and squeezed my hand lightly.
Thank you. He said.
I smiled back at him.
No problem. I said.

Laurence's POV
We went to a small restaurant and ate dinner. It wasn't really fancy or anything. I know Madison is a simple person. She doesn't love fancy restaurants and normal things that most girls like. She likes fairy lights and the stars. She likes flowers and candlelight. She loves picnics and music. She's just so different. We ate our food then started walking home. I could tell Madison hadn't gotten much sleep last night. She keeps yawning. All of a sudden Madison tripped and fell.
Are you okay?! I asked her holding out my hand to help her up.
Yeah. She said taking my hand.
I pulled her up. She winced.
Or not. She said. I think I twisted my ankle.
Hold on. I said.
Wait. What are yo-
I picked her up off the ground carrying her bridal style.
Hey put me down! I'm probably heavy!
No you really aren't. I said continuing to walk home.
After a minute she gave up and finally relaxed and just let me carry her. Soon I reached her house then I realized Madison had fallen asleep and I had no way to get into her house. I know she has a spare key but I don't know where she keeps it. I finally decided to just take her to my house. I walked to my front door and kicked the door with my foot. Cadenza opened the door.
Oh my gosh!! You guys look so cute!!! She said loudly.
Shh! I said. I don't want to wake her up.
Then she seemed to realize Madison was asleep.
Oh. Okay. But this is still really cute. She said.
Whatever. Can you keep our brothers quiet? I don't want anyone waking her up. I said.
On one condition. She said.
Oh no. This isn't good.
What?
I get to take ONE picture of you guys. She said.
Ugh. Fine. I said.
She squealed quietly and took a picture.
Okay. I'll make sure no one bothers you guys. She said.
Thank you. I said walking up the stairs to my room.
You're welcome. She said.
I walked into my room and closed the door behind me. I sat her down on my bed. I pulled the covers over her. I looked at her. She looked so peaceful and calm when she was asleep. I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.
Goodnight. I whispered.
She mumbled something I couldn't quite hear but I caught my name. She's dreaming about me. I smiled and walked downstairs. I grabbed a blanket and laid down on the couch and fell into a peaceful sleep thinking this date took a pretty bad turn but maybe it wasn't that bad...