chapter 4

"Y-you don't like me... Do you?" Marinette blushed. Adrien's mouth formed into a small o. His eyes relaxed along with his shoulders. "Of course I like you. I didn't care who was behind the mask. But i do know that whoever it was is an amazing true hero. And that's all I care about. What's on the inside. Not the outside." Adrien smiled. "But... You like Ladybug.. I'm not the same without a mask covering my face."
"Who's the Savior of Paris? Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Who's purified every single akuma Hawkmoth has ever released? Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Need I say more?" Adrien asked.
"But wait. If you knew it was me.. Then why didn't you say anything to anyone?"
"You didn't want anyone to know. I respected that. Like I said before after the defeat of Lady WiFi, I won't tell anyone. Cat's honor. "
Marinette showed no expression. She quietly turned around, faced Master Fu and sat down. Criss cross applesauce. Adrien did exactly the same. Who knew finding out Ladybug's identity would be so awkward.
Master Fu took a deep breath before he started talking.
"Now, Marinette, where did you find this book?"
"Uhm.. Funny story..."
"Wait. That's my father's book. I found it in a safe behind my mother's portrait. I didn't know why he would want it though. I snuck it out of his safe. Next to it was a small peacock fan of some sort which was by a picture of my mom. And by it, there was a book on Tibet. I didn't have enough time to get the peacock fan but I managed to take this book. But I lost it later that day and I guess Marinette stumbled upon it." Adrien shrugged. "Yeah.... Stumbled..." Marinette gritted her teeth nervously.
"This book was stolen by Hawkmoth almost a century ago. He's managed to keep it hidden for quite a long time. Until now, that is." Master Fu explained.
Wayzz flew out of his bed. Which was a small matchbox with a picture of a black cat with the words Chat Noir dripping down. "But Master, the peacock clip is not in the box. Adrien just now described that in the safe, there was a peacock fan next to his mother's picture. He didn't realize that it was the clip which belongs in the box." Wayzz hovered in the air. Tikki peeked a little from Marinette's shoulder observing her old friend. Plagg and Tikki flew out of Marinette & Adrien's pockets, tackling Wayzz. After a 100 years, the kwami's could finally reunite, not worrying about keeping their identities a secret.
"I hate to interrupt this beautiful moment but.... What are you trying to say about my father?" Adrien asked. His heart was beating. So fast, that it was about to jump out of his chest. What could his father possibly have those things for? Why does he have to hide them?
"Your father may be Hawkmoth."